Islandia for the Gulf??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tcflame

Hi Everyone. This is my first post here. We now live in Polk County Florida after moving from Seminole county. Back in 2002 I bought my first Sea doo. An 18' Challenger. We regularly took it into the St Johns river and up to Daytona into the intercostal. we had it for 4 years and it had been the greatest experience in ownership. over the 4 years it cost $70 in total repairs for the kill switch. We loved that boat but lived inland and have a handicapped child so it was always a chore to go out.

Now we have a Lake home on a 800 acre lake connected to the Winter Haven Chain. I'm again looking to purchase a Sea Doo boat because of the joy we got from our last one. but now that were so much closer to the Gulf, That will be our choice of venue outside of our own lake instead of Daytona. we want to be able to cruise the chain with friends in comfort but also to be able to take it out to the gulf for some real fishing. We weren't able to get out to the ocean from the Daytona area in the little 18' through the inlet at Ponce. Usually quite rough when we were there. though we never actually planned an ocean trip we usually found ourselves bouncing like a cork.

I have been looking for a month plus and comparing features and have come to the conclusion that I would prefer a 2006-2007 Islandia mainly because of the return to Rotax away from Merc and the lack of superchargers. The reason for my Challenger purchase back in '02 was the cost of replacement power plants. very cost effective. I've read about some very costly power plant Merc replacements. ya never know.

Now by no means am I some pro deep water fisherman, but I gotta start somewhere. I like the Islandia because of it's size and it looks more comfortable than our past Challenger and has better features including the head/changing room. I Ideally would like to be able to get out into some deep water 30-40 miles out in the right conditions.

SO, Any feed back on how this type of craft will handle in different conditions of sea's is what i'm looking for.
Also, Any feed back on the 06-07 twin 110 Rotax performance and reliability.

Thanks to anyone leaving some info and I look forward to owning another Sea Doo very soon.

I don't no anything on the boat but the gufl is pretty calm like a bug lake in the summer most of the time
14.jpg

I don't no anything on the boat but the gufl is pretty calm like a bug lake in the summer most of the time
14.jpg
15.jpg

I have a 2006 utopia 205se w/ twin rotax 155 hp= 310hp. 20 ft jet boat. A trip from here to Bimini in 2-3 ft chop 1.5 hours. And back same day and faster back current was going SE

I HAVNT DONE A TUNE UP IN 1 year

Took the boat out this Christmas and went home undefeated on all terrains

Races-
Scarab boat about 20 ft
And jet ski.

Riptide wave riding with 6 jet skis was amazing. I jumped the same waves cut them new lanes kept jumping waves for about 10 min

Later they saw the boat at the SANDBAR and were AMAZED at the power. That's when we started racing [emoji305][emoji570][emoji948][emoji100][emoji100][emoji946]

All done with 3 male riders on the boat.

The boat is awesome. On lakes even better. Full control perfect cuts. And fresh is much better than salt.

I hope I was able to give you guys a great idea of the power of these boats

Even raced a 27-30 ft. Bayliner and kicked ass. That was around when I first got the boat.

I know I need a tuneup badly. Anyone got someone that will do it for great price in Miami. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back