The FreeSki - 95 XP built with parts laying around the garage

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiskeyD

I've got a ton of seadoo parts laying around so I figured it would be fun to try and build a ski with them. The core of this project came from an early 90s 3 seater (I think a 93 GTX) that was completely stripped and packed away in a huge box. It was included in a package deal for free as "a box of junk". I hooked a battery up to the starter and got 150 in the mag and 149 psi in the pto! With a good motor I had to decide on a hull..
240.jpg
241.jpg
242.jpg
243.jpg

It's not in the best shape but it's not horrible... and it was free

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the ski mostly together last night but I ran into some wiring issues. The 15 amp fuse on the mpem keeps blowing. I haven't looked inside the mag cover yet but when I disconnect the stator and hook a ground from the bat to ebox ground it does not blow. Also, the stator is either a 5 wire or someone used a 5 wire harness and clipped the white wire?
244.jpg

Not knowing what parts I have exactly and only being familiar with the 787s is throwing me a curve ball. I thought the 5 wire stator was only on the 657x?

245.jpg

Was this from a 93 GTX? I read online somewhere this was for a 5 wire coil but like I said I have limited experience on the older electronics

A 93 GTX would have a 587 dual carb engine, so that is not from a 93 model maybe a 94, the easiest way to differentiate a 587 from a 657 is that the 587 has 6mm allen head bolts holding on the head cover, 657's and 717's use the head bolts to hold on the head cover. Also the PTO on a 587 is much thinner and the water exit is in the middle of the head under the carb brace plate.

Good info WFO. The engine tag says 657 so I based it off that. The box of parts was a mix of 787 and older stuff so I'm not sure of the years. I found a long burgundy hood that seemed to match the GTX and the mpem has a 1993 date
[MENTION=57920]racerxxx[/MENTION] here's the turd from last fall u loved so much lol
249.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back