The 900 ace powerplant

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

griz400

ROTAX ACE 900
WHOLE NEW WAY TO TAILOR YOUR RIDE
As part of the Rotax Advanced Combustion Efficiency (ACE) family of engines, the ACE 900 engine was designed for maximum efficiency. It delivers 90 hp with a 23 mpg (10 L/100 km)*.
Rotax engineers strove to maximize thermodynamic efficiency, minimize mechanical friction and right-size auxiliary systems.
The ACE 900 adds the electronic Intelligent Throttle Control (iTC), which offers many breakthrough benefits:
It’s the industry’s first throttle-by-wire system providing a seamless power delivery and ultra-smooth engagement.
You can choose from three driving modes, simply by pushing a button on the console. Standard mode ensures a smooth start, linear acceleration and limited torque above certain speeds; Sport has no performance limitations and full acceleration; ECO limits torque, top speed and acceleration rates to deliver a more relaxed, fuel-conserving ride.

here is a video explaining the engine, and a real interesting 3 modes of operation of the ITC (FLY BY WIRE) which looks real nice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht_xOnhqAEg

wonder if all 3 modes are on the skis ????

Oh wise sage Griz,

Is this a three cylinder engine? The video shows a two cylinder, I'm thinking the video is the ACE 600. I can't wait to see one in person.

Lou

Oh wise sage Griz,

Is this a three cylinder engine? The video shows a two cylinder, I'm thinking the video is the ACE 600. I can't wait to see one in person.

Lou

this was the only video i could find on it lou, anyways, the 600 and the 900 works the same, just 1 more cylinder, ... sort like the v6 and v8 mopars -- they just cut off 2 cylinders

Back