900 ACE Output Sleeve Replacement

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad_GSX

Hi there. I just picked up a 2018 GTI 90 that I think has a leak by the PTO. I know this area can be a problem for leaks. I bought a service manual for this ski, and it does not have the procedure for replacing the output sleeve. I am fairly certain this ski has the removable output sleeve on the crankshaft (I understand earlier 900 ACE engines had it built into the crank), as it shows up on all the parts websites for this year (Sea Doo part 420 947 573). I just don't know why the service manual does not mention how to replace it. I also have a service manual for 2020, and it similarly does not mention this process for the 900 ACE. Any idea why?

I found a video on YouTube of a guy replacing the output sleeve on his 900 ACE equipped GTI, and it appears to be a right hand thread. I just would feel better reading what Sea Doo has to say about this process. I may not even need to replace mine, as I haven't pulled to PTO cover to inspect the seal area. But now I'm just curious and a bit confused why this procedure isn't in the service manual. Let me know if you have any information on this procedure. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back