Is the 900 ACE enough power

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mklaus

Hey guys looking to possibly pull the trigger on a new Seadoo GTI. Just looking for a good family machine for cruising and pullin. The kids on a tube or maybe knee board when they are older. Local dealer is telling me if I plan on doing any towing I want at least the 155. This makes sense but just wanted to see what u guys think. He’s telling me the 900 ace won’t cut it. Truth or is he upselling me thanks

I 100% agree With that. There are a few 900 ace gti’s left at my local dealer for a good price I just want to know if they will pull alright or don’t waste my time

Well I can tell you that the 90HP pulls a tuber no problem with a SPARK, the GTI is heavier and I could see it working harder to do so. I really couldn't tell you how it will work with the GTI, its over 200lbs heavier than the spark so the performance will be less than that of a spark.

I got a 2010 gtx 155 non sc
Wich sometimes i use to pull a tube (3 person)
My Daughter wich is about 115lb and my 2 boys (twins) about 110lb each sometimes going at 25mph at their request and i feel that in my situation anything lower than 155 hp will make the jet ski work too hard.

In our state you can only tow a single person with a 3 seater PWC as you need a driver, a spotter, and a spot for the person on the tube. towing over 300lbs might be a bit much for a 130 even, I wouldn't do it with a 90 GTI or a 90 spark. One 180lb person behind the spark tugs her around on the corners but it pulls it no problem. That's with 400 lbs on the ski

I bought a GTI 90 a month ago. Maximum speed 42 mph, plenty of power and fast acceleration for casual usage but I would not buy that for tow sports although I believe you can buy the tow post as an option.

I like my GTI 90 but if I was a younger gun I would go with a bit more power. The GTI 90 satisfies me but I am 90% of the time alone on it and I already have a second ski for visitors.

Benji.

Last edited:
You can buy and tune it to 110 HP for $855. You aren't going faster than 54mph without a turbo kit on these though. And no, the turbo kit is not a reliable mod.

Absolutely. Nice acceleration. Plenty of options on mine which is not the very basic model (VTS, programmable learning key, compass, Sport mode, eco mode, IBR, etc.). Engine is nice and clean. Polymer hull, looks very solid. Vibrant colors (nice turquoise seat). And I added the rear step.

Went to 43 mph with it but I am not exactly lightweight...

Benji.

Absolutely. Nice acceleration. Plenty of options on mine which is not the very basic model (VTS, programmable learning key, compass, Sport mode, eco mode, IBR, etc.). Engine is nice and clean. Polymer hull, looks very solid. Vibrant colors (nice turquoise seat). And I added the rear step.

Went to 43 mph with it but I am not exactly lightweight...

Benji.
Yeah I hit 46 on the perfect day... question do you sometimes see a little bit of water in your hull espically when hitting a big wave of cleaning it after? I don’t think I have a leak at all but maybe a seal in one of the compartments isn’t 100%?

Haven't seen a drop in the hull yet. But if you jump huge waves I guess a little water could go through. The other day, I overfilled my gas tank and a few drops made their way in the hull.

Haven't seen a drop in the hull yet. But if you jump huge waves I guess a little water could go through. The other day, I overfilled my gas tank and a few drops made their way in the hull.
Yeah the waves were pretty big I live by the ocean. I’ve also noticed after a heavy heavy rain sometimes there’s water to but then I go riding come back check it’s gone. Dealer said it’s normal for some water to get in (I keep my ski on floating dock so it’s always outside but covered) so I guess it’s normal for some water to go through

To add... I notice the water coming from towards the front to I think the seal on front compartment isn’t 100%

We had some heavy thunderstorms here in the past two weeks where I didn't put the cover and to my surprise, there was not a single drop in the hull when I checked right after. Take a rag and try to remove the water from the hull, let the ski sit on water with cover installed and check one or two days later to be absolutely sure that it is not a leak from some seal.

Otherwise it could come from the compartment cover as you say if you often have waves landing on your feet (doesn't really happen to me here unless I try it on purpose in some big boat wake.

Benji.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back