Tach & speedo dead after dealer installed new engine

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

robobob2u

My 2004 Sportster 4Tech has the problem as stated above,I am thinking they forgot to connect after replacing engine. Would these 2 connetions be in the engine compartment? What would you suggest.?.Boat is in our boathouse and if reconnecting is the problem and not to difficult I would not have to drive to boat ramp,load on trailer,carry back to dealer,and then reverse the process. Your help appreciated..Robobob2u

Welcome to the seadoo forum Robobob2u. I beleive the problem you are having is the spedo and tach isn't connected. I am unable to open the 4-tec manual on this computer as I am not at home and this computer dosen't have adobe updated. I will post the plugs to check tomorrow when I can boot up my own computer. I would think it could be a fuse in the fuse box assy. that could be blown as it operates both of these acessories. Or the plug from the 2 componets aren't connected. Check for unplug plugs and the fuse box for blown fuses. I'll get back to you tomorrow if you don't reply back with a cure for the problem in this thread.
Karl

Electrical system....

For your speedo, it may be something as simple as them unplugging the unit while working in the engine compartment or a blown fuse. As for the RPM, that signal is being sent through the MPEM. Since both are not working, I think it may be a blown fues in your electrical fuse block. That one should be in the compartment up front.
There is also one in your engine compartment. That has the engines fuse block along with the MPEM and ECU module and other electronic hardware.
If all they did was an engine replacement, then I woudn't see the need to reprogram anything.
The 4-TEC series engines electrical system "Engine Management System" has got to be programmed to add any outside accessories, even a bilge pump. The V.C.K. (vehicle communication kit) and the B.U.D.S. (bombardier utility diagnostic software) is used to program everything on these. I wouldn't think this the case though, since the only thing replaced was the engine. There wasn't any electrical system replacements, were there? All your sensors were probably left intact with everything else.
Check the fuses.....
Welcome to the forum!.............:cheers:

Thanks to both replies and will ck. fuses this weekend. This is my 1st attempt in a forum and this is great. I will post my findings..THANKS AGAIN:)

It's good to have you aboard Robob2u, If you have any other issues give us a hollar and we'll be happy to help you out.
Karl

Great!....

Great to have you in the forum and we'll look for your results this weekend. Good luck and let's all hope it's nothing more than the fuse. That would be the simple fix!...........
Again, welcome!...............:cheers:

Situation resolved?

After no reply, I'll assume you found a fix to your problem. If not, feel free to open a new thread and we'll contiue to help you as we can........:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back