Stinger temp too high

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

silverstrk65

Trying to dial this thing in. 96xp.
ADA head(175psi)
Factory spec 2 pipe with ecwi
Tdr waterbox
Novi maxiflow rotary cover
Full spectrum 46mm carbs
Remote fuel pump, return jetted to 70
Prok arrestors
Msd enchancer
X/O impeller

Runs great no hesitations but revs 7040 max on my koso gauge. I think I have a issue with the microtouch controller for the water injection. When I plug the fob in I hear the solenoid click right away. I would think it’s not supposed to come on til alittle later. But when making a wide open run at 7k and idle back to shore the stinger is reading 400 degrees according to my laser temp gun. Way too hot IMO. I have a 135 jet in the head pipe after the solenoid. 90 in the mid and a 140 in the waterbox. While on the water I pulled the jet out of the mid pipe to try. Didn’t lose any rpm and the pipe now gets around 200. I even disconnected the solenoid for a short run and seen no difference. Rpm or temp. Reading previous post on this and seems like everyone is running similar setups. Gonna bunt for a new controller but wanted to see what some other opinions were. Image1595335934.380176.jpg

On my 800 ltd, we rev around 7710's. I assure you the prop/ Venturi is huge,,,( especially the prop),,,,guys become secretive what they are using back then,,,My setup is similar to yours. It seems, in parts,,,, I am not familiar with the XO prop. I think my nozzle is 87/85. Another important item affecting your top end rpm/ speed ( gps) is the intake grate. You can lose 70 to 100 rpm there, 70 rpm is about 1 mph. At 7710,on flat glass water, we gps at 60.1 or so mph. ( depending on which run, and lake temp..
it took us many years,,,,many failures,, then the right guidance,,,to get a championship setups in lake Havasu, 2004, 800 cc LTD,,,and then 2005 800 cc amateur LTD.
Also,,,a pump change was HUGE for us in 2005 when you did not have to run the stock seadoo pump. Of course, all the other racers ran the sa me pump. What are you running?
And you also have your msd timing curve,,,that was also a huge factor.
We only have one EWI at the head pipe,,,I couldn't be bothered with 3 point water injection!
Apologies, I just bumped into this thread.
Am more than happy to help you get some hp, rpms, and mph, and answer any questions,

Am not familiar with your XO...what pitch is it? On your stock pump, we ran a 16/24,,,worked great,,,(rev' around 7500's),,,,I also gave away (big mistake),,a 14.5/24 (maybe 25, can't exactly remember),,,it also rev'd 7500's....was a great overall prop.

Thanks brother. Sending a PM.

Last thought, in terms of your stinger temperature,,,,what I do/did. ,when tuning my pipe,,,,was/is to run it wide open for 30 seconds, pull the key, lift the seat back, and splash water on the mid pipe....we just wanted steam,,,nothing more. Then we would do a pretend course,,,bunch of hard turns,,,as if on a course,,,,then do the same,,,splash water on the pipe,,,the motor can work hard sometimes,,,and so I would change my front jet accordingly,,,,since you are not racing and seeking every rpm,,,,you don't have to be this precise,,,,but that 800 loves a hot pipe,,,,a sizzling pipe is too close to failure,,,for rec riding....lake temperatures can change through the season,,,also,,,,the ambient air temperature in the hull,,,on a hot day is also important to the air around the motor.,.a cooler motor runs better than a hot one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back