XP 787 limited build. Gets way too hot

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brprxt215

Hi guys I built a limited race boat. Made it through the first round of racing got home and blew it up. Put a fresh rebuilt engine in and supposed to race this Friday. Tried it yesterday and the pipe stays cool but the ADA head gets super hot. The plugs were almost to hot to unscrew by hand. I’m running the ADA head, spec 2 with stinger, plugged waterbox, stock carbs (had novi 44s last engine and figured that’s why it leaned out and burnt down piston). Now it’s getting to hot again and leaning out with the stock carbs so I’m thinking it has to do with the cooling of the engine. Any ideas or advice on where to start? Thinking of putting stock head back on or maybe the strainer is plugged? Thank you for any info

Ada heads are notoriously bad in cooling design. Look for a buckshot or miller or any other than ada

Try to contact Popps fischetti, best 800 mechanic of all time, very accomodating,,,of course,,,FULL ...of knowledge,,his 800 with chris his son,,driving...went 68mph..back in the day...won many titles,,,i am sure he will help you with your cooling setup..his Cooling setup.,,is called the fischetti cooling setup...OR.,,contact group K,,,they also have TONS of knowledge!
Sounds like you need to reverse your cooling inlet hoses...but tey...popps and group K will verify.
Okay,,,if you want to know our cooling setup,,,we/my son( rob),,,riding,,,me,,,the builder/mechanic,,,of the entire boat,,,we won world championship in havasu,.,04,,,expert LTD.,,,and 05 Expert Amature..same class,,,
To this day,,,we/I have the same cooling setup,,,
You can text me or whatever is allowed on this site,,but we don't have your racing head,,so popps and or group will be more helpull than me,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back