high temp alarm

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

rjquinn

i have a 2003 seadoo gtx 4 tec and the high temp alarm comes on at higher speeds but does not at lower speeds. so i cleaned the j pipe holes and made sure of no blockages in those three holes. i also drilled those hole to 1/8 (one size bigger than factory). when i put it back in the water the alarm came on when i was getting a little over 15 mph. what can i do or check to fix this?

Check for corrosion on your temperature sensor connectors.

I had the same initial problem as you, overheat at high rpms... turned out to be my ride plate. They warp apparently and under higher load the coolant jumps channels amd goes right back into the engine hot.

But now that you're getting at low cruise speed I'm not so sure that's your problem. You aggravated it from what you did so you're onto something.

Also, there's a washer with silicone around it between the pump and hull that I was missing. The shop manual said failure to have that washer could lead to overheating. Since I replaced it and my ride plate I've had no problems.

is the anti-freeze level correct?,,pull the pump and see if the wear ring is good,,,also check the mesh filter in the pump pickup,,,and “K” said, check that the large “O” ring is there,,

is the anti-freeze level correct?,,pull the pump and see if the wear ring is good,,,also check the mesh filter in the pump pickup,,,and “K” said, check that the large “O” ring is there,,
the antifreeze level is correct…pull the water pump?

Back