sportster Le 947 problems again

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulS

Hi All,

Back again with this boat,,
The history is as follows when I got the boat it had water damage due to being stored up wrong and the engine area got flooded so I had to change the stator and the sprag gear the engine was out for a few months then put back in,
Today when I went out she ran for 2 min and cut out no alarm then she started no problems and went for another 2 min and cut out after thet she went fine for 20 min and i brought her back to shore with no problems,
What could have made her cut out these 2 times could I have had damp in the system due to having the engine out and layed up for 3 months and put back in today or an air lock some where,,,,just want my confidence levels back up on this boat,,

Thanks all

beeps?

Did you get any beeps from your lanyard? When it went dead, did you try to unplug and plug your lanyard cap back on? If so, did you get any beeps then? Reason I ask is because my boat would go dead for no reason while boating. I could mess with the lanyard cap for a while, then I'd hear the two beeps. It would start. The last time it happened, I replaced the post. I've never had that problem again..........

Testing?

There is a test you can do to check for an open circuit in the shop manual. Let me know if you need help on how to do it!....

If you join as a premium member you could check out all the test on the doo and have your own copy to read on line or print off for your own personal and privet use. Click on the link "Seadoo Manuals" at the top of the page for details. The seadoo forum library has authentic seadoo manuals with troubleshooting, wire diagrams and procedures for repairs. I has been a big help for me.
Karl

Post?

Pull with plug on your post and do a continuity check. It should be an open circuit.
You can also try cleaning the cap, put it back on and see if there are any different results......also, try plugging and unplugging several times to see if you can get recognition!.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back