Sport mode is a thing!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Coopnjaxdad

Put a few more hours on the Spark Saturday around Tarpon Springs and down to Clearwater. Activated Sport mode for the first time. I have to admit on was skeptical about how much of a difference there would be, but I was very impressed!

Now, on to getting hull numbers! Anybody have someone that cuts vinyl they would recommend? Anyone in FL put their numbers below the hull seam?

Thanks folks!
Chris

Have to be easy to see, block letters, standard size. (3 inches), and contrasting color to the hull. Most dealers have local options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have to be easy to see, block letters, standard size. (3 inches), and contrasting color to the hull. Most dealers have local options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I've got good visible numbers on my XP, was just curious if anyone has come across anything nice besides the Sea-Doo kit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Nice, I see smiles! :) Good luck with those #'s you'll find something decent.

Not sure where I'll get our new ones either, have a few partial sets lying around for years.....

Your Seedoo dealer will have specific stickers for your spark. They stay on as well.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Here is what I ended up doing number wise. I like the look, we see if the patrol gives me any grief about where I put them.

Here is what I ended up doing number wise. I like the look, we see if the patrol gives me any grief about where I put them.

276.jpg

Love the looks and the placement.......with how the Sparks bow rides (mostly due to the construction of the vessel) , I don't see how they could give you any grief......for California it reads, "For PWCs, the numbers and stickers must also be affixed on each side of the forward half of the vessel on a non-removable portion of the hull."

Let us know how it goes if you do get any grief!

I'd like to see a picture of that in the water. How visible are the numbers?

Keep in mind that the people looking for the numbers are going to be on a hull that ride several feet above the water which would decrease their ability to see them due to the angle.

Don't misunderstand. They doo look good and I believe they fall within the law as far a design and spacing. But,,,, they have to be able to be seen.

I'll snap some this coming weekend of how it sits relative to water line.

No worries, and I appreciate the input! I don't mind being the guinea pig.

You won't have any problems. Mine are in the same place and I know for sure I have been spotted by Fish and Game looking for valid tags in my state. You could also argue with the body style of the Spark, that was really your only option. No other placement works well on them.

You won't have any problems. Mine are in the same place and I know for sure I have been spotted by Fish and Game looking for valid tags in my state. You could also argue with the body style of the Spark, that was really your only option. No other placement works well on them.

First....

Glad to see you still around.

But, more importantly... I agree. Back in the day... it was common to put the hull numbers on the rear of a stand-up style PWC because to use 3" numbers on the hood... it just didn't fit. So, there are those special exceptions to the rules. Besides... we all play that game a little. To be PURE... they have to be 3" STANDARD BLOCK letters. Heck... I haven't owned a boat or PWC with regular fonts EVER !!!!! But, last season, I was given crap about the numbers on my XP. But, in the end... with a good attitude... they said OK.

First....

Glad to see you still around.

Good to see you still here too, Tony. I am still riding as much as ever!

And, back on topic, if you think sport mode on a Spark is fun, you should try it on an RXT-X 260!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back