Speedster Ladder Pin

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bradmagnus

Hi I'm a brand new Speedster owner and new boat owner too, but today out on the lake the pin that holds the ladder in (when the ladder is deployed) came loose and was lost. From the seadoopartshouse website, I don't see that the pin is available for sale. And I don't see if parts 5 and 6 are what hold the pin in?

I don't know how to ask this question very intelligently either :) Any help tracking down the right parts to keep the ladder from falling to the lake floor would be very much appreciated!

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-07-11 211051.png
    Annotation 2020-07-11 211051.png
    130.6 KB · Views: 18
6 looks like a pop rivet to me, but I’m also new to this.. you Can get those and the “gun” (manual would be fine but air powered is great if you have a bunch to do) at Harbor Freight, Home Depot, etc.

The pin for the ladder...hmm. No idea. Try googling it.

I don't think the pin is much more that a piece of stainless steel rod with a hole drilled in it. You could measure the hole to find the diameter you need, and Amazon has a surprising assortment of stainless rod and other metal stock shapes readily available.

Had the same issue with my Sportster. The original pin was a stainless steel roll pin, just press fit in the ladder tube. Poor design I think. I had a new pin made at work from solid stainless, and then TIG welded to the ladder post. Can’t recall the size I had made it to, but you’d need to size it close to the hole.

Last edited:
Had same issue with 2012 Seadoo Speedster. I have pic of what you need. I just bought flat head stainless steel bolt and wrapped it in plumbers tape and it's held so far. Seadoo told me you can't order the part as ladder for my boat is discontinued.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200709-162705_Pulse.jpg
    Screenshot_20200709-162705_Pulse.jpg
    838.8 KB · Views: 21
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back