Speedster/Challenger Dash Switches, are they all the same ?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spimothy Leary

My cousin has a bad switch on his speedster dashboard, called me and I have a couple of them in my box of assorted leftover parts from stripping out a couple of ski's. I think both of mine are fan blowers but not 100% sure..

They appear identical when we compared texted pictures, but mine has a different 4 digit number etched on the side than his does, usually a dead giveaway that its not going to work.

Do those 4 digit numbers have to be a match for these to work ? or are the switches interchangeable ?

If it's the same little wiring diagram on the back... it should be fine.

Those are just generic Carling switches. FYI... if the rocker has a label... you can just pop off the rocker, and replace it with the one you want.

So, they are not 100% the same. Some have 2 on positions (like the lights switch, off-anchor-anchor+nav) , and others are temporary normally open (like the gas alarm,and horn, press it and it snaps back to normal position upon release.)

You need to know at least what the switch is for. I expect some are indeed interchangeable (maybe fan blower, courtesy lights,bilge pump? they are all on-off switch with single position)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back