Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ndfanatix

Ok guys, I am new to the forums and have been reading for 3 nights straight about killing some of my cavitation in my seadoo speedster. I have a 2000 seadoo GTI and a 2005 Seadoo GTI and am very familiar with jetski's, but not so much on the Speedster. I am not used to seeing cavitation. I bought a 1996 Seadoo Speedster. It was fast, but horrible cavitation. I sent the boat and had the wear rings replaced and sealed up. Runs great and the Seadoo mechanic told me the seals and pumps were now in great shape. He also advised me that the stock props were in great shape. He said they didn't need changing or any attention. It is better now that I got the boat back on the water, but still bogs a bit when punching it. It will be on plane in about 4-5 seconds or so if I give it full grunt. It does cavitate more and take longer if I try to give it a half punch on the throttle. It also wants to drop off and cavitate if I turn a tight turn. It runs great and is as fast as I need it to be, but I am afraid that it wont pull me up on a slalom ski or wakeboard. I have skied all my life and am very experienced, but I just wish it had some more grunt. Pulls tubes up on step in just a few seconds, but scared to try skiing. Will the Skat Track make a big difference? If so what pitch? I have read many different sizes, but seems that the 14.5 x 22.5 or 14.5 x 22 are most popular. Lastly, I was wondering if purchasing new ride plates or aftermarket ride plates might help. Mine look fine, but a couple nicks and gouges could be causing some cavitation. Thanks for your help!

ndfanatix

the impeller i dout will help if the wear ring is good the cavitation is prob coming from the thru hull carbon/bearing carrier leaking air a swirl will give a little better low end but wont solve the problem but ya never no

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back