Spark Mats .... Need Mats for ski

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
After looking at Nick's pictures (I still have not seen an actual Spark), I'm thinking it might be best to hold up on ordering traction mats. It looks to me that the foot wells are already textured, which may or may not be sufficient, I would at least try before I buy traction mats. The other thing I noticed is you might have trouble getting self stick mats to adhere to the surface, and if you use glue down mats it's probably going to take a lot of glue, making a mess for the next time.

Just my thoughts.

Lou

Sounds like a good way to save money for you. 59.00 plus 18.00 for shipping, that's 77.00 plus the costs of the cutting tools and labor.
A good weekend project. Post up the pictures for us

Remember, no one is twisting your arm to buy the "extras" YOU control the final price of your ski, guys have become accustom to the gingerbread. I would buy mine with nothing, give me a spot for a Gatorade and I'm good to go.

I hear that if you want the 90hp model, you have to get the iHBR as well as reverse, package deal, which IMO is dumb. Our XPs didn't have reverse and we still somehow managed. I also heard that the only diff between the 60 and 90 version was the ECU... can that be? Also, my biggest deterrent for the spark is its looks. Is it really that hard to make a good looking jet ski? Can we go back to the mid/late 90's hull designs please?

I hear that if you want the 90hp model, you have to get the iHBR as well as reverse, package deal, which IMO is dumb. Our XPs didn't have reverse and we still somehow managed. I also heard that the only diff between the 60 and 90 version was the ECU... can that be? Also, my biggest deterrent for the spark is its looks. Is it really that hard to make a good looking jet ski? Can we go back to the mid/late 90's hull designs please?

Nope, I ordered a 2up spark with the 90 H.O. Motor, and has no ibr or reverse. And yes the difference in the h.o and regular motor is just a software upgrade and a different display.

As far as looks go, look at their other products. Thats the reason why. It also gives the plastic more rigidity.

Its def goofy...but this thing is legit. Dang near a XP in every way.

The Ibr is very nice and once you use it you constantly search for it. (I went from a RXPX to a Spark on one demo ride)

BUT...I can live without it.

Nope, I ordered a 2up spark with the 90 H.O. Motor, and has no ibr or reverse. And yes the difference in the h.o and regular motor is just a software upgrade and a different display.

So in theory the non ho model could be graded through software? What is the difference that you noticed on the display?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

I bet w/in a year, someone will figure out a way to hack the ECUs and fix the 60hp restriction of the $5k sparks. They did it on the kawa's speed governors, make those things go like 80.

Ya know I think a lot of guys have made the same mistake that I did, I got caught up in all the hype, WOW a $5000.00 ski, and have lost sight about what this ski is all about. Personally I have a 2up, HO model on order, that's it. I'm gonna wait and ride the ski first, in fact I'm under no obligation to take the ski, and may wait until next summer to get one.

I'm now thinking I'm gonna ride one before I buy, then I will know better what options if any that I want. I know I've said this before if they run out, and they probably will, SeaDoo will make more. $5000.00 is not a lot for a new ski, but it's still $5000.00.

Lou

I bet w/in a year, someone will figure out a way to hack the ECUs and fix the 60hp restriction of the $5k sparks. They did it on the kawa's speed governors, make those things go like 80.

Are the impellers different between them?

Remember, all the changes may not be obvious.

the Ford Mustang V6, modified will take the car over the factory limited speed... resulting in..

well.. here

http://jalopnik.com/5869650/why-do-2011-ford-mustang-driveshafts-keep-exploding

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZXBjVIrR08

Unintended consistences are fun ;)

the older I get, the less I want to mess with crap. I'll buy the factory option.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not that I know of, but the guy said there was a governor of sorts that he got hacked and now the thing FLIES. Guzzles gas like a beast, but gets to the marina LICKIDY SPLIT))

Back