Spark Mats .... Need Mats for ski

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Ya know, the more I see about the Spark and now the $5000.00 ski is looking more like $7000-8000, the more I'm becoming convinced to keep what I have. $8000.00 will buy a hell of a lot of gas. My old XP800 looks better, will out perform the spark, and I can't imagine the spark is any more fun to ride, but I guess time will tell, and I already have hydroturf on the XP.

Lou

mats

Heard they had 2 brand new 3 Seater Sparks in the Miami area,
got my spark mat set from sparkmats

so I took my mats over to the Dealer in South Florida today to see if they lined up and looked good, here's a pic :

sparkmatsdisplay1.JPG

IMG_0848.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
So, is this another short coming of the Spark, it comes without traction mats?

Lou

Another shortcoming, it can't keep up with the old 787 and 951 skis. On par with the 720's. But you do get new ski reliability, which is the only reason I would consider getting one, in a couple of years.

I want better mats for the 3up Spark

SeaDoo charges a lot for their Mats

I called Hydro Turf and they don't have any

I see SparkMats.com has them already

Parker Yamaha has them for $89 and the 3 up rear mat is $42, OEM mats. They are PSA, pressure sensitive. Peel and stick. Hydro-Turf will have them, Black Tip will have them. Just sit back and wait for the wide array of colors to accent your Spark. If I got a Pineapple 3 up I would get Hydro Yellow/black Camo cut diamond.

Sorry for the following :rant:

Everyone keeps forgetting this is an ENTRY LEVEL SKI. Forget the fancy iBR, and yada, yada, yada and just ride it. Our old skis didn't have it. Look at it like a car seat for your kids (those old enough)---we all grew up without them and we made it this far, so pull up your big boy swim trunks and just buy the stripped version. I'm surprised no one has compared the Spark to an ink jet printer. Get them in on the low entry price and get them on the inks (accessories) and make your money off that, pure marketing genius. Remember, no one is twisting your arm to buy the "extras" YOU control the final price of your ski, guys have become accustom to the gingerbread. I would buy mine with nothing, give me a spot for a Gatorade and I'm good to go. Heck, ride an HX for a weekend and you will learn real quick that you have just enough space for your car keys and wallet and that is pushing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
HT doesn't have them yet because they haven't had a chance to measure them. With the upcoming popularity (and knowing Arno and the Spark are both in Havasu as we speak), I guarantee it won't take long.

Parker Yamaha has them for $89 and the 3 up rear mat is $42, OEM mats. They are PSA, pressure sensitive. Peel and stick. Hydro-Turf will have them, Black Tip will have them. Just sit back and wait for the wide array of colors to accent your Spark. If I got a Pineapple 3 up I would get Hydro Yellow/black Camo cut diamond.

Sorry for the following :rant:

Everyone keeps forgetting this is an ENTRY LEVEL SKI. Forget the fancy iBR, and yada, yada, yada and just ride it. Our old skis didn't have it. Look at it like a car seat for your kids (those old enough)---we all grew up without them and we made it this far, so pull up your big boy swim trunks and just buy the stripped version. I'm surprised no one has compared the Spark to an ink jet printer. Get them in on the low entry price and get them on the inks (accessories) and make your money off that, pure marketing genius. Remember, no one is twisting your arm to buy the "extras" YOU control the final price of your ski, guys have become accustom to the gingerbread. I would buy mine with nothing, give me a spot for a Gatorade and I'm good to go. Heck, ride an HX for a weekend and you will learn real quick that you have just enough space for your car keys and wallet and that is pushing it.

Dan,

You are absolutely correct. This ski is meant to be targeted as an entry level ski, targeted to the entry level rider. But that being said, a lot of us, probably yourself included, are looking for more than an entry level ski, the very least I would buy is the 90HP HO, 2 up version, the convenience package because we all carry stuff, and on a ski that I would expect to throw around traction mats. So now we're over $6000.00 on a ski that I have not even seen much less ridden.

So, for now I'm taking the wait and see attitude, every year SeaDoo has a show on Lake Cumberland, I'll go ride one, and then make a decision, if SeaDoo runs out I'm sure they will make more.

Lou

To be 100% honest if I were to get one, it would be a bone stock no optioned 3 up for the wife and kids, it would not be for me. That is my target audience. I'd still give it a rip or use it on a long range ride(exploring) for the fuel mileage. The ibr would be a waste for her as she would probably forget it was there, reverse would be the same thing. Perhaps the storage bin would be her bag to bring snacks, but I have the bin in the xp. She rides the XP with our son and our daughter rides the HX with me now, or we all take the Speedster.

As far as mats, yes I would add them but that I would not consider an additional cost to the ski, that is a personalization cost to make your ski different than the next, like changing the seat cover. Yes that is an obscure way to look at it, but they're not required. Unfortunately, I may build a 720 powered 95 XP over the winter for the Mrs. so our son can ride with her and our daughter can roll with me. She's lighter so I can still catch air with her, lol.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Well.....

I'm not sure I would call anything about the spark a "Shortcoming". They did, exactly what this sport/hobby needed. A cheap, base model ski. You guys are calling features and add-on's shortcomings????? Why? All the added STUFF is why ski's are so dam expensive now.

I know I've said this a bunch of times... but my last "NEW" ski was a 2001 Yamaha XL700. It was around the $5k mark, and it had NOTHING !! no reverse, no traction mats, and the only gauge was a single red light above the bars to let you know when the oil tank was low. The Spark is giving us an EFI, 4-stroke engine... with a basic digital gauge for a great price. Sure... if you want to get a 3-up, HO, with the iBr, and convenience pack... you are going to pay. But, it's still cheaper than a new GTi without the iBr. But most importantly..... they are giving us a "Water Go-Kart" again !!!!!! (and not just a small boat)

Sorry that was off subject.

I'm extremely intregued by the spark. I been on ski's but never owned one. This past Feb. we bought a place not directly on a lake, but across the street with lake access. The neighbor on the lake has a Kawi Wave Runner that he let us use all summer. My wife and I are looking at possibly getting a couple of ski's. I like the idea of a new ski with a warranty and the cost for a couple of entry level ski's is a added bonus. We also want to get a couple of ATV's so this is even more of a reason to look at the Spark. Anyways, IMO, I think Doo hit the mark with this ski. I can't wait to rest ride one and heard reviews on it.

I'm extremely intregued by the spark. I been on ski's but never owned one. This past Feb. we bought a place not directly on a lake, but across the street with lake access. The neighbor on the lake has a Kawi Wave Runner that he let us use all summer. My wife and I are looking at possibly getting a couple of ski's. I like the idea of a new ski with a warranty and the cost for a couple of entry level ski's is a added bonus. We also want to get a couple of ATV's so this is even more of a reason to look at the Spark. Anyways, IMO, I think Doo hit the mark with this ski. I can't wait to rest ride one and heard reviews on it.

I'd say with the money saved on the Spark or Sparks, you could get some ATV's.

Do you have an RV245?

RV245, Hi & welcome to the forum.
In what area of MI do you live?

See below for the MI here thread.
Tim

I'd say with the money saved on the Spark or Sparks, you could get some ATV's.

Do you have an RV245?

That's what I was thinking also on the ATV's. When we decide to get some, they probably be in the 500 - 600 cc range.

Presently, I do not have a 245. But, I have had them, 5 to be exact including sled # 0001, first one to roll off the line. I also had a mod 245.

75245mod.jpg

RV245, Hi & welcome to the forum.
In what area of MI do you live?

See below for the MI here thread.

Tim

Hi, Thanks

I'm in the thumb by Caseville. The place that we bought is on Little Bear Lake up by Lewiston.

That's what I was thinking also on the ATV's. When we decide to get some, they probably be in the 500 - 600 cc range.

Presently, I do not have a 245. But, I have had them, 5 to be exact including sled # 0001, first one to roll off the line. I also had a mod 245.

View attachment 22560

LOL, tnts4me on Dootalk. I knew I saw serial#0001 before somewhere, I'm 58kafer over there I had my 1980 Moto-Ski Super Sonic resto thread over there(still not finished). One of these days, it's just hard for me to get into the sled restos when we don't get enough measurable snow every year, that is one of the other reasons I got back into Sea-Doos. I think my buddy got out on the trails once last season since it was crap around here, and he has a current ski not a vintage.

Yes, that's me. I remember reading your thread before, think you do powdercoating or something? I hear you on the low snow as we don't get very much at home either. The good thing is the place we bought up north does and has a major trail about 3/4 of a mile from it. The neighbor across the street said that we could use his waterfront to put hoists in for the ski's. Hoping to eventually live up there, sea doo's in the summer, ski-doo's in the winter......:thumbsup:

That's why I love my atv more than my skis, can use it all year round. Plus make mucho $$$ with it during snowstorms plowing drives, have actually made a very profitable small business with it :)

That's why I love my atv more than my skis, can use it all year round. Plus make mucho $$$ with it during snowstorms plowing drives, have actually made a very profitable small business with it :)

A lot of people do like ATV more than ski's or sleds. There is a great atv/motorcycle trail system up around here along with a fantastic snowmobile system. There are 2 huge lakes (1300+ acres each) about 9 miles from me. We have rode them before and it a blast to ride. Maybe it's because skis are kind of a new thing for us, don't know. dunno.gif Either way, we have kids and grandkids that would enjoy them also. Good to hear your made a business with your ATV. Around here the snowplowers are farmers and have tractors or a snowplowing business in the sideline during the winter months.

HT doesn't have them yet because they haven't had a chance to measure them. With the upcoming popularity (and knowing Arno and the Spark are both in Havasu as we speak), I guarantee it won't take long.

I would just purchase mat material the color that I wanted an cut them out myself.

How much do they sell the uncut sheets for ? Not sure if they have pink in stock jesse !!

The pwc muscle link at the top of this page, hydro15 is a coupon code to save 15% the PSA is an extra $40 and worth every penny. Nothing beats peel and stick. So it would be $120 for a sheet before you take the 15%.

Back