So there are a few 2-Stroke Speedsters out there!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stumbled on a forever stored 99 sk last spring and made the purchase...have to say the boat is an absolute blast! Boat is currently running excellent but the rumor is maintenance and parts can be a challenge when required...was happy to find this site!

Yes it is really hard... when you have the mercury engine.... I have a 2002 sea doo challenger 2000 with M2 240 EFI Mercury engine, it is hard to find parts, I used crowley marine and boats.net but some parts are already discontinued and you can use non OEM aftermarket parts e.g. vapor separator assembly with no more OEM electric fuel pump but there's some after market out there and surplus parts in Ebay but no more brand new after market ones. If you have a rotax engine, I think it is easier... Here in California, it is very hard to find boat mechanic with Sea Doo with Mercury engine but they do repair a boat with Mercury, Mercruiser engine as long as it is not Sea Doo. Well Sea Doo boats are discontinued last 2012 so I won't blamed them not to repair Sea Doo boats since finding parts is a mystery. Good luck to your 1999 Speedster.

The 2 strokes are actually way easier to find parts for than the mercury are. You'll be just fine with the 99 speedster sk. It does have the twin 720 in it. I have the same boat.

Thank you for the replies! Good to know a few are having success with maintaining the ship! Like anything, just depends how much effort one wants to invest...I like the idea of twin engines!

You bought the right one, one with Seadoo engines in it. Parts are really easy to get for it. If it's not a seadoo part it's a commercially available part. I have a 99 with twin 787's, essentially the same as your boat.

You bought the right one, one with Seadoo engines in it. Parts are really easy to get for it. If it's not a seadoo part it's a commercially available part. I have a 99 with twin 787's, essentially the same as your boat.
The SK really should've have the 787 in them. :(

The SK really should've have the 787 in them. :(

Actually.......the 720's were how the Speedster got the Water Ski association sticker on the back (so I was told way back in the day, hence the SK model). The 787's are in and out (rave valves) at the sweet spot for skiing. But, once you learn how to drive the boat you know where and when it's gonna happen, like in a turn and what not you can compensate and keep the power smooth as silk. When I'm behind the boat (rare any more) the wife has a hard time. Like when my 14 yo son and I were in the tube last summer. I swear we were flat out, then we were laid out in the turn. It's always great when you hear your neck make noises when you bail. After the pain went away we laughed about it. I think that was the 5th time she ever drove the boat and we bought new, she cosigned for me, LOL.

Actually.......the 720's were how the Speedster got the Water Ski association sticker on the back (so I was told way back in the day, hence the SK model). The 787's are in and out (rave valves) at the sweet spot for skiing. But, once you learn how to drive the boat you know where and when it's gonna happen, like in a turn and what not you can compensate and keep the power smooth as silk. When I'm behind the boat (rare any more) the wife has a hard time. Like when my 14 yo son and I were in the tube last summer. I swear we were flat out, then we were laid out in the turn. It's always great when you hear your neck make noises when you bail. After the pain went away we laughed about it. I think that was the 5th time she ever drove the boat and we bought new, she cosigned for me, LOL.
Lol I love mine. For me it's the perfect size boat and it doesn't take up loads of space around the house. The boat performs considerably well with the 720. But sometimes it does feel underpowered

Thanks! But sadly I’m in central Illinois. Mainly boat at Clinton lake, where the water is used to cool a nuclear power plant [emoji23] no i do not glow green...yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back