So before I buy a 2005 215HP Seadoo Sportster with tower...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rockywakes

What should I look for? The boat comes with both covers, fresh water, factory trailer, around 180 hours.

I just sold my 130hp Seadoo 2001 Sportster so do know about the boat but am curious if there is anything else I should be aware of with the 4tec? Should I do a compression test and how?

Does the tower put lots of stress on the boat? Whats it like pulling wakeboarders/wakeskaters?

In case there are threads that discuss these issues feel free to point me in the right place...

TIA!!! :cheers:

Towers....

Not to sure about the performance of this boat. From what I"ve read of othe rmembers, it's a great handling boat.

I think you might take a look at this BRP recall alert thread to see if your tower falls in this category......... http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?t=12122

Yes, I'd do the compression test. You can use the search engine above to find out the procedure on how to do this. If you run into problems, then send me a PM and I'll type it out for you.........:cheers:

Snipe thanks for the reply but I may have got the name wrong, it's one of the 4 seaters so around 15 ft from what I recall. Perhaps it's called the speedster? Anyways it looks exactly like the 2009 4 seat model with wake tower thats in my local dealers showroom

RockyW, I've got a 05 sportster and love it. 180 hrs seems high.depends on the price though.I heard of a good deal on an 07(brand new w/warranty)215 with tower .PM me

What should I look for? The boat comes with both covers, fresh water, factory trailer, around 180 hours.

I just sold my 130hp Seadoo 2001 Sportster so do know about the boat but am curious if there is anything else I should be aware of with the 4tec? Should I do a compression test and how?

Does the tower put lots of stress on the boat? Whats it like pulling wakeboarders/wakeskaters?

In case there are threads that discuss these issues feel free to point me in the right place...

TIA!!! :cheers:

how much is it???

180 hrs seems high.depends on the price though.I heard of a good deal on an 07(brand new w/warranty)215 with tower .PM me

Are you like one of those Ferrari owners who never drives the car :) I'm not sure how many I put on last summer but I put them on rather quick, hoping to get about 120 this summer alone :) I guess thats why everyone knows me by name at the dealer, just those oil visits alone....

But is 180 hours really alot for this boat? The current owner lives on a lake so it seems decent to me, but what gets effected most besides the motor by putting on hours? Is it aesthetic or structural?

As for price, well you can PM me if you'd really want to know but I'll leave it at: Priced Right!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back