Thinking about buying a 2006 Seadoo Sportster SCIC 215

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

carl penrod

Premium Member
Premium Member
I,m looking at buying a
2006 Seadoo Sportster SCIC 215
VIN: CEC12525506
Stock Number: 1706
License Plate: CF6567R
Mileage: 2
Title: Clear

Asking Price: $13,995

One of the cleanest virtually brand new Supercharged Sportsters around, with only 1.5hrs on MPEM and new Supercharged 215hp motor. Turnkey boat ready to go with trailer.

• New Parts / Work Performed:
  • NEW SBT 215hp Supercharged/Intercooled Rotax 4-TEC 1503 4-stroke motor

• Newly rebuilt Supercharger

• New oil pumps
Is the asking price high?

not unreasonable. how is the gel coat and upholstery? i would take it on a sea trial before throwing down on a used boat.

If interior/exterior is in good condition and all switches/lights/everything else works, doesn’t seem too high. Why was engine replaced? And what does the impeller/pump/etc look like? Any idea on hours before engine replacement?

I needed more room for family and picked up a 2007 challenger with ~150 hours a couple grand less. Doesn’t appear to be as nice of condition as this boat, and I’m in the Chicagoland region so figure that into it.
If you want it, and it checks out on the water, go for it! Offer $12k, and find out what you can get!

Thanks for your input. I am going to look at it today, I will get all the info. on it. The only thing that worries me is. the sbt engine. In the past, I bought two engine for my 2000 Seadoo Challenger From SBT and had to send both of them back for bad machine work. Anyway I let you know If I buy it.
Thanks again for the Input.

So did you get it?
I bought the same boat in Feb, and it turns out it needed a lot of work. But for the $11k (inc. trailer) I paid, I would've preferred to pay $14k for one with a new engine + supercharger.

Just ran across this post. I bought my '06 Sportster SCIC in May '21 for $7,500 with trailer. SBT engine had 75 hours on it. Rebuilt SC and Pump at the same time as engine installed. Came with a CanDoo. The CanDoo has been invaluable as the machine had some Gremlins from sitting for a year in covered storage. I posted elsewhere; I'll do it again here.
Ran like crap when I first got it. Misfiring from idle to 2,500 rpm. Kept fouling plugs. Removed Plug Tubes and RTV bottom to seal out oil leak from below. Haven't had an issue since.
Had to replace CPS because the wires melted on the exhaust causing intermittent shut down.
Replaced rectifier for melted wires causing no charge and Loud fault beep after start up
Final Gremlin was fuel filter replacement. Symptom was boat would fall flat on its face at WOT. I'll post pics of before and after.
Other stuff I've done
Repaint all the yellow.
Reupholster ($1,150) Jetarmor for skins ($600) plus a local to recover using them
Bought Tach, Fuel and Engine system gauges off Amazon
Just bought the bow lights.

Attachments

• IMG_7272.jpg
    IMG_7272.jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6545.jpg
    IMG_6545.jpg
    592.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6765.jpg
    IMG_6765.jpg
    490 KB · Views: 10