Skyway PWC Poker Run - April 10th-11th, 2010

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

JoeZ

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
2010 SKYWAY PWC POKER RUN
Presented by Barney’s Motorcycle and Marine, cosponsored by SeaDooForum.com!

Saint Petersburg Beach , FL April 10-11, 2010

St. Petersburg is a mecca for watersports and one of the premier watercraft riding areas in all of the country. The waters of this gulf side metropolis offer clear water and hundreds of miles of pristine shoreline to explore and enjoy. The host hotel is the Holiday Inn Sunspree, Marina Cove; perhaps the best venue for the Florida PWC Rally Series. All activities will take place or originate directly from the resort beach. The resort is perfectly suited for this event with two pools, two bars, plenty of parking, and over 200 yards of white sand beach. The Sea-Doo iControl Test Ride Tour will be on-site with 2010 product for you to test ride allowing you to experience the newest technology first hand. You can expect a fun-filled weekend with the Tampa Bay Jet Boat Show with Barney’s Motorcycle and Marine with Saturday concluding with the Sandbar Social and Movie night in preparation for Sunday’s SKyWay PWC Poker Run in which participants have a shot at collecting great prize packages and the overall grand prize of up to $250.00.

Launch Ramps

The main launch ramp for this event will be Maximo Park, on the West End of Pinellas Byway. This is a very large park with plenty of open parking, less than a mile from the Sunspree Marina Cove Resort. You can park your PWC on the hotel beach overnight, at YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!!!!!!

ACCOMODATIONS: A special $89.00 per night rate has been negotiatied for a limited number of rooms at the Holiday Inn Sunspree – Marina Cove for Friday and Saturday nights. To reserve one of these rooms call (727) 867-1151 and ask for the Tampa Bay Jet Boat Show rate. For more resort info go to http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ss/1/en/hotel/piemc

On Site SkyWay PWC Poker Run Registration – Holiday Inn Sunspree Marina Cove Nepa Hut Participants can register on-site for a limited time as per event schedule.

Pre Registration Check-In – Holiday Inn Sunspree Marina Cove Nepa Hut

Skyway PWC Poker Run participants pre-registering must check-in upon arrival to obtain event information, credentials, gift bag, map, up to date event news, and sign appropriate liability waivers.

Manatee Zones

The St. Petersburg area is fairly wide open but is still fertile manatee water with plenty of Florida Wildlife Officials to ensure their safety. So please educate yourself on the many speed restricted zones in the area and respect the environment and local laws. Remember one bad apple spoils a bunch, so if you are unsure, slow down and idle.

Poker Run

The Barney’s SkyWay PWC Poker Run is a game of 5-card stud with one card dealt to each player at each designated stop on the poker run route. Each stop sponsor may require you to complete a task prior to receiving your card, so roll up your sleeves and ante up. Maps will be provided to each rider with their credential upon registration. At each stop, each participant is required to present credential before obtaining card.

SkyWay Poker Run event prizes and Grand Prize be awarded by standard poker rules. In the case of a tie, those players will draw one card and the high card wins.
Hands rank in the following order:

POKER HAND
· Royal Flush
· Straight Flush
· Four of a Kind
· Full House
· Flush
· Straight
· Three of a Kind
· Two Pairs
· Pair
· Automatic

Equipment

Each event participant, rider and passenger, is required to wear a U.S. Coast Guard approved personal floatation device (PFD) while operating or riding on a PWC during the 2010 SkyWay PWC Poker Run event. Additionally, each PWC must have on board the following safety equipment:
  • Properly functioning fire extinguisher
  • Whistle, horn or other distress signaling device
  • Orange flag or other non-flammable visual distress signal
  • Properly affixed and current state registration numbers
Additionally, riders may also wish to carry or wear the following on-board with them during the AWA Poker Run for additional safety and/or comfort:

• Cell phone
  • GPS
  • Tow rope/dock line
  • Anchor/Anchor bag
  • Bottled water
  • Towel(s)
  • Camera
  • Wetsuit
  • Booties
  • Gloves
  • Sunglasses or Goggles
  • Sunscreen

Barney’s Sandbar Social and Movie Night under the Sunspree Marina Cove Pavilion

WaterTop Unlimited will host a movie night (drinks on you) near the Nepa Hut at 7:30 PM Saturday night following. Registered participants and family are all invited to join the party. A “water” related video will be shown – this event will feature Nike 6.0’s “Aquafrolics” wakeskate video in addition to some other short videos.

WARNING: ANY 2010 SKYWAY PWC POKER RUN OR TAMPA BAY JET BOAT SHOW PARTICIPANT DEEMED TO BE UNDER THE INFLUENCE WILL BE EXCLUDED FROM ANY AND ALL ON-WATER EVENT ACTIVITES AT THE DISCRETION OF WATERTOP UNLIMITED LLC. AND/OR ASSOCIATE SPONSORS.
YOU MAY BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE PREMISES WITHOUT REFUND IF NEED BE.

ALSO KEEP IN MIND THERE WILL BE ROUGHLY 100 ADDITIONAL PWC IN THE AREA THIS WEEKEND AMONG THE REGULAR BOAT TRAFFIC, SO BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS AT ALL TIMES AND STAY IN CONTROL WHILE OBEYING ALL LOCAL BOATING REGULATIONS.
BE RESPONSIBLE AND BOAT SMART FROM THE START!

I'd love to see you all there. We are co-sponsoring this event and will have a booth at the show. Free SeaDooForum.com TShirts to all Seadoo owners!

Join in the event and stop by to say hi while you are there.

Attached are the registration forms. You can always register at the event...advanced registration is not necessary.

Attachments

• 2010 Barneys-SkyWay Poker Run REGISTRATION FORM.doc
    277 KB · Views: 17
  • 2010 SkyWay PWC Poker Run Info Sheet.doc
    38.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 2010 Tampa Bay Jet Boat Show - event schedule.doc
    24 KB · Views: 16
You can make both :)

The poker run starts in the morning on the 11th at 9:30 am, and prizes are awarded at 1pm.

First band at the blues fest starts at 1pm and continues until about 10pm.

I plan on being at both ;)

Looking over the expenses, wish i had the money to make the trip down, would have been a great opening to the season >.<

I'll be there

Joe I'll stop by and say hi. I haven't seen you since our Florida Doo'ers get together last year.

Mark

darn it ill be down there the last week of the month for a hockey tourney. If it would have coincided i would have hauled the doo down there....

Come on down early :)

The event is this Sunday...closing rapidly. Hope to see many of you there.

See you Sunday

I'll be on my 1994 Sea Doo XP with a green seat. Since I don't know most of you please say hi and introduce yourself. See you before 9!

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
The event went very well. I just want to thank everyone who attended (whether they were in the water or just wanting to be!).

Big thanks to Tim from WaterTop Events and Barney's of St. Pete.

There were a ton of people there and the event was a great success. Even though the weather started out a little questionable in the early morning, by the time the event took place it was a perfect day at a beautiful location.

Keep an eye out for more events this summer. We all got our Sea Doos to ride, and what better way to get wet than with fellow enthusiasts!

And I missed this?

Geez, well not that any of my doo's where running yet anyways! lol

I so wanted to be a part of a pwc poker run too. Once my doo's are running its going to be an every weekend event for me!

Back