1st Annual Yamaha Kawasaki See-Doo Challenge

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Spimothy Leary

I'm heading to this event on 6/11/16 with about 6 ski's just thought i'd pass along for anybody close to SW Florida that would like to come down for some fun

1st Annual Yamaha Kawasaki See-Doo Challenge
Midwest Food Bank
Saturday, June 11, 2016 from 8:00 AM to 12:30 PM (EDT)
Cape Coral, FL

Yacht Club Public Beach
5819 Driftwood Pkwy
Cape Coral, FL 33904

Saturday, June 11, 2016 from 8:00 AM to 12:30 PM (EDT)

1st Annual Yamaha Kawasaki See-Doo Challenge is a Poker Run taking place at the Cape Coral Yacht Club on June 11th. This event is hosted by Midwest Food Bank - Florida Division. The Yamaha Kawasaki See-Doo Challenge focus is to raise awareness of hunger in our communities, raise food donations and raise funds for our programs. The Yamaha Kawasaki See-Doo Challenge is to, "SEE the problem, DOO something about it", take the Yamaha Kawasaki See-Doo Challenge. This event will take place through the ICW of the Caloosahatchee through the Islands off the coast of Ft Myers Beach, Sanibel and the Southern tip of St. James City.

The Yamaha Kawasaki See-Doo Challenge will consist of three top prizes of first, second, and third best hand in poker. Prizes will be winners choice and this years Yamaha Kawasaki See-Doo Challenge prizes consist of a GoPro Action Camera, Costa Sunglasses and Premium Life Jacket set for 2. Come out June 11th and kick off the summer on the water.
Parking fees for vehicles with trailer will be waived.

FAQs

Will I have fun?
The Yamaha Kawasaki See-Doo Challenge will be the first of many. The event will be packed with an intense Poker Run Course and competitive prizes for best hands. There will also be a $500 Gift Card giveaway courtesy of Florida Motorsports. Lunch will also be provided by the Boat House Tiki Bar and Grille.

Do I need my own PWC?
Yes. You will need to provide your own PWC. We are working on having some provided. As of now we do not have any committed. Please continue to check in with us.

Do I need a boating license or boating safety certificate to operate a boat or personal watercraft (PWC) in Florida?
Anyone under the age of 22 (21 and under) is required to have a boating safety education ID card along with a photo ID while operating a vessel with 10 horsepower or greater in Florida waters. This includes a personal watercraft (PWC). Persons under age 14 may not operate a PWC unless accompanied with a rider 18 yrs or older with an education ID card. Rider assumes responsibility of ID card, not the Yamaha See-Doo Challenge Event

What are my transport/parking options after dropping in PWC at boat launch?
Participants in the Yamaha Kawasaki See-Doo Challenge will be exempt from parking fees. Parking waiver will be issued for one vehicle and trailer per registerant that will need to be placed visibly on windshield. Riders can also opt to ride to event via river. Get their early for parking as this is a public boat ramp and will still be open to the public.

How can I assure this event will be safe?

The Yamaha See-Doo Challenge and Midwest Food Bank have gone to great lenghts to ensure that safety is first by:
This is not a race
Lee County Sheriffs Office will be on detail
Cape Coral Police Department will be on detail
United States Power Squadron will perform vessel safety checks after event (NOT MANDATORY FOR REGISTRANTS)
5 minute delayed group starts to not congest waterways
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Anyone with specific questions, comments or concerns can contact: Midwest Food Bank
Paul Csotty, Director of Community Relations 239.265.4161 or 239.690.1722

Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Yes, if for any reason you cannot make the event and want to give your ticket to another rider then the original rider will need to update registration for the new rider by contacting event organizer at the aboved contact info. If for any reason ticket holder does not show up for the event without any prior notice, no refund will be given. We ask that a 48 hr notice be given prior to any refunds.

Can I update my registration information?
Yes, by going on-line and updating or calling the contact info listed above.

What happens if I get a ticket at this event?
Because the Yamaha Kawasaki See-Doo Challenge and Midwest Food Bank have gone to great lenghts to ensure safety we will not be held responsible should a participant be issued a ticket. Remember, this is not a race.

Disclaimer:
Please make sure you are not under the influence if you are driving the vessel. All vessels must be up to Florida Watercraft standards. All Florida Fish & Wildlife rules are up held (rules can be found on the Florida Fish & Wildlife website; It is not the responsibility of Midwest Food Bank or any sponsors to review the rules with riders) Each rider who signs the registration form is acknowledging the terms and conditions. Any rider can be removed from event, venues or areas for any reason at the discretion of the event director.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI

The poker run was a terrific outing, if you stumble across one in your area, I highly recommend it.

I took very few pic's was busy enjoying the afternoon with buddies, 6 in my group, had a blast...

One thing I was a bit surprised with is the vast majority of pwc's in the event were pretty new, 14,15,16 models, I saw several seadoo 300's, and heard lots of modified exhaust's. My ski is an 08 and It actually looked old and outdated next to the beautiful 300's and SVHO models I saw, easily 350K worth of ski's lined up on the beach by the time we all got lined up, this pic below is about 40 minutes before the horn, about half the ski's that ended up there.

187.jpg

188.jpg

Back