Ski half full (pics inside)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

blkscorpion

Well the first ride of the year SUCKED!! I have had this ski for three years now and I have NEVER taken it to the lake and brought it home in running condition. :rant: I'M so sick of this ski. Anyways, Guys help me out. Once I get her running this time, she'll be someone elses prob. After launching I rode around at idle for 5-10 min. After that I got on her and rode hard(maybe 15min) and had zero problems. I went in to get my son and took him for a short ride and realized that the ski just didn't feel right. I docked it immediately and pulled the seat. :( water was almost covering the carbs! The engine is fine and I never had a problem starting it when trying to get it on the trailer, it just would not reach top speed. I put it on the trailer and tilted it to drain all of the water. 10-min later the water was out and it started right up, so I figured that I needed to run it just incase any water did get into the engine. It ran great for 2-3 min and then started to bog again. I pulled the seat and the water had filled the ski halfway again. With the ski on the trailer, I cannot find any leaks. Tomorrow I will fill the ski and see if I can find the problem that way. On the pic below does there need tobe silicone on the areas that I have outlined in white? Sorry if the pics aren't the best, they were taken with my cell phone.
94.jpg

95.jpg

The link below gives a breakdown of the area to show what should be there. There should be a neoprene gasket between the wear ring and the shoe, and sealant between the shoe and the hull (shop manual recommends Loctite 598). From what I can tell there is no gasket behind the pump housing, although I may be wrong on that one.

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/seadooforums/Seadoo_oem/Seadoo_PWC.asp?Type=13&A=35&B=18

I would also check the seal around the drain plug, which I assume was closed before you put it on the water.

I know it may be a no brainer and you may have checked it but is it possible you have a cooling line loose or broke and its just filling the hull, this had happened to one of the ski's i bought prior to my owning it, a water hose connected into the flush fitting might help see if thats an issue. Just my idea and thoughts, hope you get it figured out.

No... do not glue your pump to the hull. That is not open between the water, and the inside of the ski. There are 3 little holes toward the top of the pump. that's where your cooling water comes in, and the bilge water goes out.

If you have that much water coming in... and seeing that you are down in TX... I would say your pipe has one of the plugs rotted out, and it's just pumping water in. It's a common problem in salt water areas.

Also... you have a bilge water removal system, and if it's not working... you wind up getting water coming back in it.

Look in your pump nozzle. You should see 2 white tubes hanging from the top, facing rearward. Those 2 tubes draw a vacuum, and remove the water. If you don't see them, water gets pumped back in. It's common for them to fall out, or break off. They are just pressed into the pump.

Also... you have a bilge water removal system, and if it's not working... you wind up getting water coming back in it.

Look in your pump nozzle. You should see 2 white tubes hanging from the top, facing rearward. Those 2 tubes draw a vacuum, and remove the water. If you don't see them, water gets pumped back in. It's common for them to fall out, or break off. They are just pressed into the pump.

:agree:....also, inspect/hook hose up to flush spigot. I found my waterline, leading from the cylinders to exhaust port, to have a crack in it.

Thanks for all the great info fellas. I think I found my problem. My pipe has a hole in it. At Idle I could not see any water leaks at all. I pulled the seat and gunned it on the trailer, reached down and pulled a wad of JB weld from the bottom of my pipe. If I hook up the flush kit where do I pinch off the hose? Is it between the flush hookup and the back of the ski? I'm in North Tejas. Only Fresh water here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back