Site Update - now on Xenforo

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

JoeZ

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
Hey guys,
Since the start of SeaDooForum.com, we have ran the most popular forum software, vBulletin. Several years ago, vBulletin was purchased by another company, and the direction they took the software made a shift away from what made it a great platform. The newer versions were bulky, overly complicated, and most importantly, difficult to use.

vBulletin stopped supporting the version we were on, and no longer offered security patches or bug fixes for it. For the past few years we have been looking for a better solution. Xenforo came from the original developers of vBulletin, and just released version 2.0. With that, we have made the switch. We try not to shake things up too much around here, but it was definitely time. This new platform should last us for many years to come.

Things should look pretty familiar, but will be slightly different and modernized. Over the coming weeks we will be fixing any issues that come around, but we also need your help identifying them. If you notice any bugs or things that just aren't right, please let us know! You can PM myself or @hfgreg

Thanks,
Joe Zammataro

Can you link the thread in question so I can take a look?

Can you link the thread in question so I can take a look?
I'll try and remember to do it tomorrow. I was trying to search through some of the most recent xp 800 resto threads and noticed it.

OK it may be due to the members linking to dead images.

Here's another one.

RESTO - Another 95 XP800

I clicked around through that thread and didn't see any pics load. Seems like there should be some, but hard to tell where they were and where they aren't now. HAH

You're correct. Thank you for pointing this out. Going to get this fixed!

Never-mind, I figured out my question. Thanks for maintaining this great resource admins!

Last edited:
Is the "eBay parts" user just some bot posting eBay links? It wasn't too bad before but it seems that's all in my unread queue anymore and it's pretty annoying.

Blocking doesn't prevent the posts from showing up.

Otherwise thanks for the update!

Is the "eBay parts" user just some bot posting eBay links? It wasn't too bad before but it seems that's all in my unread queue anymore and it's pretty annoying.

Yeah, it is basically just that.. it is indeed out of control though. It should be posting a lot less and much more targeted. I will see about fixing this. Thank you!

Hi, it seems the manuals section is not working anymore. It tells me to become a Premium member but I am one. Anybody able to help please, Thanks!

I did notice one more minor thing and it may be with Tapatalk. When I reply to a thread I'm subscribed to, I get a notification on tapatalk that I replied to the thread.

I never used to get notifications when I replied to a thread I was part of. Not a huge deal, just thought I would share.
592339763d442c83ff7fc9af6bbafa6c.jpg

Hm, interesting. I wonder if you logout and log back in if it will still do that.

And thank you for the feedback! Much appreciated!

I have greatly limited the number of postings. Please let me know if that is better.. Will take a while to notice though.

Hm, interesting. I wonder if you logout and log back in if it will still do that.

And thank you for the feedback! Much appreciated!
Testing now with this post after removing and reinstalling tapatalk...

It seems to be working fine now after deleting and reinstalling tapatalk.

Last edited:
Back