Aftermarket 787 Performance Heads

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Matt Braley

Premium Member
Premium Member
Hey guys I'm offering up some cool heads that fit all carbed 787/800 Seadoos. Most are pump gas safe but I'll walk you through each one and describe it a bit. As always, your welcome to call or text me with any questions at (850)259-1581

This is a thread I've wanted to make for a long time but I never had the good and correctly sized domes. I want to throw out a HUGE thanks to Rhaas Products for answering the call and doing what I think you'll agree is an incredible job on them.

First we will go over the "Miller/Buckshot style" heads. These are the ones most commonly asked for. The heads were made with a lot of different names on them but were identical internally. All domes have been cut to 43cc which is widely accepted as the ideal size for giving you a compression bump(10-20 psi depending on squish and other factors) while still remaining pump gas safe. All prices are shipped and to the US only.

From top to bottom we have:

1)Bullet (one of the shops Seadoo supported back then, their race team's version of a carbon 94XP was said to be the one only slightly modified and then produced as the X4)
2)Hot Products (they are still around why did they stop printing us these?)
3)RPG (An old race team who made some cool looking boats. They made twin pipes that didn't work for them too well but they were a serious team that ran back then)
4)Buckshot (X2) Very big name back then mostly known for their carbs) $285 each

Now the next line of them here are "Novi/Big Red Racing" style heads. Same thing here where several different folks getting heads from a machine shop and just putting their name on it and anodizing it their color(or ordering it that way whatever). These are the same as the Miller/Buckshot style in that they are essentially billet versions of the OEM head. I like that because I like the water flow.

5) The top purple one is beautiful and has no name on it. It looks to be brand spanking new.
6) FRM (This one has it's original domes. They are smaller then 43cc so it would be pushing it to say it's pump gas safe. They are in perfect shape so I just couldn't pull them and have them re-cut. My guess is that this one would put you at 175-180 psi
7) FRM (This one has the 43cc domes. I don't know much about the company they were gone quick. I've never seen any 951 parts out of them. This would have been one of the last things they made and notice the "785". Racers only called 800's that at first so I'm guessing they were gone by 96 or 97.
8)Novi (Yes it's beautiful but look inside. Someone had their own idea for water routing here and opened things up inside the headshell in places). $200 for the Novi $250 each on the FRM's $285 on the brand new purple

Now we are getting rare here with this next row. This is some cool stuff.

9) Billet Black (the only name I've ever seen on heads like this is "Thunder Cats". Not sure who made it but it's very well made. I ran it for about 20 hrs with 41cc domes, now it's got the 43's)
10) SRE (this guy made great carbs. This is the only head I've ever seen from him. 43cc domes)
11) Twist (This was a joint company setup by MSD and Rossier. The water routing here is like the ADA style and that's not my favorite).
12) Rossier (this is a rare billet head insert that uses the OEM outer shell. It is made for use with Kawi flat top pistons only). $250 on the black $225 on the SRE $200 on the Twist $200 on the Rossier

Here is some stuff that comes up more often. Well OK, having a new Westcoast head is pretty cool.

13) ADA (Perfect shape, easiest to get new domes for, I don't like the water routing).
14) Westcoast New! (I only have one dome now so I sent 2 new blanks as. I can't ship till I get these back. Westcoast was HUGE! They made the OEM pipes for Seadoo as well as some nozzles here and there. They came up with so many cool parts that I wish were still around).
15)Westcoast (been blown and then cleaned up on one side. 44cc pump gas domes)
16) R&D (43cc head insert that uses a stock outer shell. These guys are still around and still big. I wish they still made the old X4 parts though). ADA-$200 New Westy-$285 Old Westy-$200 R&D-$140

I really like the r and d head. How do you think that would go with the t n t set up? Crap just saw it was sold.

All these pretty heads and you fell for the R&D insert lol. I might have another one I just need to clean up in there soon and see what's fallen between the cracks.

they'll need what you're asking in machine work, right? Machining the flanges off and producing some kind of brace (or fuel rail like novi) to hold them together.

they'll need what you're asking in machine work, right? Machining the flanges off and producing some kind of brace (or fuel rail like novi) to hold them together.

I have a friend who works at one of the big Nascar outfits. He has all those big league tools at his disposal and he wrote the program and turned his Novi's into spigots. He offered to do a set for me but I didn't bother him over it since I have intake manifold's enough around to make anything work normally. I could trade him something or force a little money on him to do it.

As far as the fuel rails you can hit Tim up at Novi but I know that would be expensive. Personally I just clamp them down in the spigots. I've had good luck like that it's not as legit but the good ole Buckshot, SRE, Red Top style of doing it.

Hey Zum will you check out our "A Look at Racing" thread please. I'm going to throw together a 787 HX and could use your experience.

I have complete heads I'd sell reasonably. I'm not sure if there are any extra domes but I will look when I get around that stuff again. These 43's I had cut are more "Miller style" on the inside so if I have extras it would probably be better to run them as a set.

Back