Sick of your 3D leaning?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orange

How many people have this issue and would be willing to consider a class action lawsuit against the manufacturer for design defect?

Why not just move the bat and fix the problem yourself?

You know, the truth is, if there was a proper fix, I wouldn't even bring it up. I looked at moving the battery, and wouldn't even know where to start. I don't see enough room, and am afraid to drill fiberglass (don't want leaks!) to put in a bracket.

It got to the point that I can't really enjoy the ski. I have over $4000 into it, and maybe ridden it for a 3 hours tops. It's 112 degrees here in Phoenix, and I am hesitant to take it to the lake. Riding the ski feels like too much work. It's fun, but the feeling that you'll fall any moment kills the mood. I just want to be able to enjoy what I bought.

The ski has less than 30 hours according to the computer, and the engine had to be rebuilt twice. My mechanic who rebuilt it told me he is certain the engine was flooded prior to the first rebuild, most likely from flipping too many times. I am not surprised, as it tips over almost without any effort.

I am just sick of this. Most companies would at least acknowledge the issue (they knew about it as they redesigned it less than two years into production) and find a fix. Instead, there is no one I can even tell the issue about.

I just want to be able to enjoy the ski.

You know, the truth is, if there was a proper fix, I wouldn't even bring it up. I looked at moving the battery, and wouldn't even know where to start. I don't see enough room, and am afraid to drill fiberglass (don't want leaks!) to put in a bracket.

It got to the point that I can't really enjoy the ski. I have over $4000 into it, and maybe ridden it for a 3 hours tops. It's 112 degrees here in Phoenix, and I am hesitant to take it to the lake. Riding the ski feels like too much work. It's fun, but the feeling that you'll fall any moment kills the mood. I just want to be able to enjoy what I bought.

The ski has less than 30 hours according to the computer, and the engine had to be rebuilt twice. My mechanic who rebuilt it told me he is certain the engine was flooded prior to the first rebuild, most likely from flipping too many times. I am not surprised, as it tips over almost without any effort.

I am just sick of this. Most companies would at least acknowledge the issue (they knew about it as they redesigned it less than two years into production) and find a fix. Instead, there is no one I can even tell the issue about.

I just want to be able to enjoy the ski.

Orange- I wonder if your ski has it's own issue. I found the 3D to be one of the more stable ski's I've ridden. I'm surprised at how much body weight shift it can handle. I've even stood up and kneeled off the back to change the VTS. I tell people I let ride "don't worry its hard to tip" ???

The lean has started to bother me after paying attention to it. But, being that I only get it at idle while through no wakes, it could be worse.

Orange- I wonder if your ski has it's own issue. I found the 3D to be one of the more stable ski's I've ridden. I'm surprised at how much body weight shift it can handle. I've even stood up and kneeled off the back to change the VTS. I tell people I let ride "don't worry its hard to tip" ???

The lean has started to bother me after paying attention to it. But, being that I only get it at idle while through no wakes, it could be worse.

It may depend on the year of 3d your ridding. I think only the early ones were prone to lean.

It may depend on the year of 3d your ridding. I think only the early ones were prone to lean.

I have a 2005. It's the 04-05 that leans with the battery on the right / 787 motor. The 06-07 is suppose to be the ok one. Battery on left and 951 motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back