Brand New RXT-X 300 Right Turning Tendency

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

CIP4

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post here so please let me know if I'm in the wrong section or doing something wrong. I tried to follow the instructions I could find.
I just had my first ride with my brand new RXT-X 300 this past weekend. Everything went well except for one aspect of the ride, a right turning tendency at higher speeds (15-30mph) with even handlebars.

Here are the bullet points on the problem:
  • Ski tracks straights with even handlebars at low speeds close to 5mph.
  • At about 10-30mph ski pulls slightly nose right with even handlebars. Ski is balanced, no leaning.
  • Continuous left correction (to prevent the right turn) causes ski to lean left quite a bit, but now the ski tracks straight.
  • Occurs no matter the direction, wind, current, loading, etc.

I've researched as much as I could possibly find over the last few days. The only helpful information I found was to align the steering. I checked to make sure the nozzle is aligned straight with the handlebars and they are indeed. This sounded like a good first start, but I am not having the issue at low speeds. Also when I correct with left input, there should be no leaning, it should be straight and level.

Right now I am really discouraged and not really getting any help from the dealer/service department. Please help! I cant track straight without leaning left with left handlebar input. I'll take any suggestions you may have on something I can research further!

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Considering it is increasing with speed, I would be leaning towards anything that will cause drag on the hull. Have you inspected the bottom?

Considering it is increasing with speed, I would be leaning towards anything that will cause drag on the hull. Have you inspected the bottom?
That’s a good point. I wasn’t totally clear in my post. It doesn’t seem to worsen with speed, (although I haven’t gone 50 or 60mph yet because of the break in) it seems like it just starts to occur around 15mph.

I’ll take a really good look at the hull tonight, but nothing looked out of place the last time I looked everything over.

Pay attention to the ride plate area and the sealant. Sometimes they go crazy with it and there are lumps of it that would disrupt the flow of water under the machine. Sounds silly, but a small disruption can lead to an unequal force which could manifest as how you describe it.

Pay attention to the ride plate area and the sealant. Sometimes they go crazy with it and there are lumps of it that would disrupt the flow of water under the machine. Sounds silly, but a small disruption can lead to an unequal force which could manifest as how you describe it.
Ok will do thanks! I'll get some pictures.

Check your manual to see if the trim tabs are adjustable , if they are you could adjust the ride this way. Racers use different trim tabs all the time for changing situations , if they can't be adjusted then maybe you can buy different resistance sizes.

@MacSeaDoo I checked the ride plate area for excess sealant last night. It was very difficult to take a photo in the garage under the trailer. Everything looks normal in my opinion. Everything is plush with the ride plate and the hull. Thanks again for your suggestion!

@Digdog I will check the manual on the trim tabs. They appear to be fixed in place, but I will check the manual. Coming from some boating experience, it does feel similar to uneven trim.

Thanks again for each of your input. I'm so frustrated at the moment. I just want to check all the boxes before I hand it off to the dealer and they start stripping it down. We all know how that goes, something's always messed up after a tear down.

Something else just dawned on me. I installed the snap-in fender plates sold by sea-doo on the right side. I just posted another thread to see if anyone else is having a problem of the fender plate catching water and pulling the ski to one side or the other. Its a little far fetched because it's above the water line and fairly low profile. This weekend I will test the ski again and see if the plate is catching water at the higher speeds.

The other thread is here.

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post here so please let me know if I'm in the wrong section or doing something wrong. I tried to follow the instructions I could find.
I just had my first ride with my brand new RXT-X 300 this past weekend. Everything went well except for one aspect of the ride, a right turning tendency at higher speeds (15-30mph) with even handlebars.

Here are the bullet points on the problem:
  • Ski tracks straights with even handlebars at low speeds close to 5mph.
  • At about 10-30mph ski pulls slightly nose right with even handlebars. Ski is balanced, no leaning.
  • Continuous left correction (to prevent the right turn) causes ski to lean left quite a bit, but now the ski tracks straight.
  • Occurs no matter the direction, wind, current, loading, etc.

I've researched as much as I could possibly find over the last few days. The only helpful information I found was to align the steering. I checked to make sure the nozzle is aligned straight with the handlebars and they are indeed. This sounded like a good first start, but I am not having the issue at low speeds. Also when I correct with left input, there should be no leaning, it should be straight and level.

Right now I am really discouraged and not really getting any help from the dealer/service department. Please help! I cant track straight without leaning left with left handlebar input. I'll take any suggestions you may have on something I can research further!

Thanks in advance.

There is a very simple fix for that. Open the front lid up…..you will see a stiff cable coming out from underneath the handle bars. This is the steering cable. Where the cable enters the console there is a large plastic ring at that end where it enters…pull the ring towards you to “unlock” it then turn the adjuster knob left or right to center to steering. 1/2 turn at a time and test. Be sure to push in on the lock ring BEFORE testing.

There is a very simple fix for that. Open the front lid up…..you will see a stiff cable coming out from underneath the handle bars. This is the steering cable. Where the cable enters the console there is a large plastic ring at that end where it enters…pull the ring towards you to “unlock” it then turn the adjuster knob left or right to center to steering. 1/2 turn at a time and test. Be sure to push in on the lock ring BEFORE testing.
I will look into this a bit more, but the steering appears to be aligned based on Sea Doo's instructions. Do you know if this is something that can be adjusted while in the water? That would be great to try if that is the case because the biggest issue is having to take it in and out of the water through trial and error.

I had to do this on my 2021 fish pro. Just pull it up to the boat ramp. 2-3ft of water and adjust it there. No tools required

I had to do this on my 2021 fish pro. Just pull it up to the boat ramp. 2-3ft of water and adjust it there. No tools required
Thanks for the comment, Tommy. Can I ask what issue was that you were having which led you to adjust the steering in this way?
I know it may sound crazy, but what I am experiencing is a mix of slight right turn and a lean to the left.

Thanks for the comment, Tommy. Can I ask what issue was that you were having which led you to adjust the steering in this way?
I know it may sound crazy, but what I am experiencing is a mix of slight right turn and a lean to the left.
On mine with the handle bars straight my fish pro would track left…a lot! After researching I found others with the issue. I Looked up the service Manuel and found that this is where the adjustment is . Now I can go straight. When sitting on the boat it does tend to have an overall lean to the left. Like a balance issue. As far as that goes “it is what it is” !

On mine with the handle bars straight my fish pro would track left…a lot! After researching I found others with the issue. I Looked up the service Manuel and found that this is where the adjustment is . Now I can go straight. When sitting on the boat it does tend to have an overall lean to the left. Like a balance issue. As far as that goes “it is what it is” !
Ok thanks for the context. The leaning at higher speeds is driving me totally crazy. Especially when turning right, I feel like I'm about to roll left even when leaning my body very far to the right. In my case at slow speeds everything is balanced and straight.

Last edited:
Back