Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

CIP4

Hi Everyone,

I posted another thread regarding a brand new 2023 RXT-X 300 with a steering issue. There is something that just dawned on me and it could be a coincidence, but I wanted to put this out there to see if anyone else is having a similar experience.

Here is the other thread. The gist of it is that I am having a slight pull to the right with straight handlebars. This happens to be the same side I installed the snap-in fenders plates. Has anyone else experienced an issue with their ski turning to the side of their snap-in fenders after the install? Unfortunately I installed the snap-in plates before I tested the ski for the first time so I'm not able to compare the experiences.

I did install the plates exactly to the specifications listed on the Sea Doo Snap-In Fender Installation manual. I will check this weekend to see if the plate is catching any water at higher speeds (10-15mph), which is when the right turn starts to occur.

My thought/fear is that the rear fender plate might be catching water and causing the pull to the right.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

When you machine is underway, very little of the hull is actually in contact with the water.

I never knew what snap in fenders were, so I Googled them.

I personally can't see how they would have impact here but maybe others can chime in.

When you machine is underway, very little of the hull is actually in contact with the water.

I never knew what snap in fenders were, so I Googled them.

I personally can't see how they would have impact here but maybe others can chime in.
Thanks for the reply Mac. I tend to agree with you, but I do recall on my last ride when I was docking the snap-in fender plate was catching some water. Granted, that was at slow speeds and there was no turning issue. I really hope I can find the resolution.

Does the ski pull when you remove the fenders?
If so, it is a simple fix...
Thanks for commenting. I did remove the fenders and still the issue persists. Now I am hearing through the grapevine through another dealer that there may be a recall for steering issues.

You can check the steering alignment by inserting a drill bit, bolt or rod into the hole at the bottom of the IBR frame,it should be a close fit. With the nozzle straight, it will engage with another hole in the nozzle. That would be dead straight, then look at your handlebars to see if they are also dead straight. That would eliminate the mechanical alignment as a suspect, beyond that you are at the dealer's mercy.
Good Luck, keep us informed

Back