Snap in fenders issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

LookingUp

The orange snap in fenders that came with my SeaDoo worked well until the flimsy posts broke off. Despite being careful with them, both have broken. I actually found another broken one floating along the shoreline so now I have three of them. Without the posts to secure them, unless you tie up snugly, the fenders sometimes come off and drift away while the boat is moored sending you looking for them when you come back. This is a dumb design and I won't buy another set but I'm wondering if anyone has discovered a way to repair them or found another better product that isn't so fragile. I wondered if velcro strips might work to secure them to the hull but I don't know if there is a velcro product with waterproof adhesive backing that would stick to both the boat and the inner side of the fenders.

Last edited:
Just to follow up on this, for those with the same issue, I bought some self-adhesive Velcro patches and applied them to the fenders and the attachment points on the SeaDoo and this has solved the problem for now at least. I don't know how long the adhesive will survive as it obviously gets wet but the fenders are now staying put and doing their job.

Back