2022 Wake - Body Crack

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

johnhurst

2022 Wake 170 with the abs/acrylic body. Top body has a crack - no impacts to top/side and hull is perfectly fine. I noticed it 13 months after purchase so SeaDoo denied a claim. My local dealers don’t have experience with repair and have sent me to body shops that can fix for $1500 with risk of the crack returning. Sure looks like a manufacturing defect - anyone else have experience with this type of issue and/or repair suggestions (Minneapolis area). IMG_3815.jpegIMG_3816.jpeg

2022 Wake 170 with the abs/acrylic body. Top body has a crack - no impacts to top/side and hull is perfectly fine. I noticed it 13 months after purchase so SeaDoo denied a claim. My local dealers don’t have experience with repair and have sent me to body shops that can fix for $1500 with risk of the crack returning. Sure looks like a manufacturing defect - anyone else have experience with this type of issue and/or repair suggestions (Minneapolis area). View attachment 64360View attachment 64361
Can I ask why it’s taken months to notice a crack that stands out. Your concern would be if water gets in can it damage the hull. Your looking at a full repair and paint job so do your research to where your located regarding body repair places and see what best quotes you get. But I would suggest chasing seadoo more and not just holding back at them.

Can I ask why it’s taken months to notice a crack that stands out. Your concern would be if water gets in can it damage the hull. Your looking at a full repair and paint job so do your research to where your located regarding body repair places and see what best quotes you get. But I would suggest chasing seadoo more and not just holding back at them.
Thanks - I rode in late June and didn't notice anything. Mostly my family rides it so it wasn't until August that I looked at it. I first suspected impact but there is nothing on the side/below/around that would indicate that occurred. I've reached out to a few local shops but it's a lot of $1500 and no guarantee that it won't come back. Based on crack propagation it started on the edge/side of the body - my plastics background indicates to me it was from the manufacturing process.

Back