shuttlecraft rail grease?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky65

Just bought a shuttlecraft to use next summer. Took it out this weekend and was thinking of greasing the rails to let the ski slide in and out a little easier. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Ricky

The best thing that worked for me was to just keep them wet before sliding in. Have a passenger in the boat splash on the rails, or lean over your watercraft before sliding in.

Also try to do it in one smooth motion. I stretched the back muscles plenty of times trying to pull my waverunner in after stopping mid-way.

Good luck and Enjoy it, these things are great. I just put mine away for the winter. It will be on the for sale block come spring.

I'm really thinking of getting one. Is the GTI strong enough to push it around?

It's a combination of horsepower and the right impeller. The three seaters seem to have more low-end grunt than the two seaters unless you have a higher hp two-seater.

My GP1200r is 155hp stock, but I had some caviation issues at first. I had to be sure to upgrade to an open grate and add the pump seal kit to really get it up on plane easily. Now it planes out easily with 4 adults and a cooler of beer. A person just has to set their expectations that this is not a 50mph cruiser.

I bought mine for just the reason of getting more people and more beer to the sandbar. We now had tunes and a nice place to hang out while taking turns on the waverunner. I would never sell it if my wife had not gotten boat envy this summer and we purchased our SeaDoo X20. It's a nice move though.

I have some pics and video clips on my blog.

www.biff.org under "boats for sale"

Just throwin' in my 2 cents... but I wouldn't grease the rails.

Why? you may ask... well... when you pull it apart, you will have a nasty mess on the side of your jetski.

For the same reason I stopped putting armor all on my seat. It looks nice, but the combination of that and sunscreen on the legs and WEEEEEE!! Right of the back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back