Should I buy a Spark? I want to solely jump waves with it.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

snowman340

HI guys, new to this forum and to sea-doo's

I have been really interested in buying a spark because it looks like a fun ride and similar to my waveblaster b1. Everything seems right about it when it comes to weight, power, size and price.
So I talked to the dealer and I was shocked by what he said. He told me not to buy one because they do not hold up at all to wave jumping. I was told all the body screws strip out and hulls crack.

So I am on here to find out what you guys have to say. Is he telling me the truth or just pushing me to another ski for a bigger sale? I do have to say the 2 peace body design has me a little nerves.

Can this ski handle jumping the large waves we all crave or will it come apart with ease like I was told?

any information would be appreciated.
Thanks

Hi and welcome to the SeaDoo forum.

I'm afraid that I'm not an expert on Spark's, I have ridden a 90hp 2-up but that's about it. We've had both good and bad reports on the Spark, but mostly good. I believe there was one instance of a cracked hull from a guy in New Zealand, but other than that I think they have been very reliable. I'll leave it up to the guys who actually own Sparks to provide more information.

Lou

I don't know that they've been around long enough to make blanket statements like that. I can tell you there have been plenty jumped that didn't crack.

They are definitely built with lighter/ cheaper materials than other skis out there, but they are also 1/2 to 1/3 the price...

You ever ride an X4 brother? You could get a nice clean one for under 2K and it will whip the Spark everywhere but range. Most people consider them the best wave jumpers. Check out Minnetonka4me's videos if you haven't already.

Can't say I have ever been on a x4. Might look into them a little bit but still hoping to get some more info about the spark first. I got all winter up here to look into it.

Any updates on this topic? i know is only been a couple of months from the last post but a lot can happen in a couple of months.
I was at my local dealer today and looked around while they were looking for my parts ,they couldn't find them because i let them sit there too long lol. Well i was looking at the spark Spark 2up 900 ACE and the Spark 2up 900 H.O. ACE and except for the part that its plastic and no stickers unless you buy the BRP ones will not stick to the haul i was surprised of the actual prices of them $4999 for the cheapest model is in my ballpark.
Now are they worth it ? for a person that will only just have normal ride , no wave jumping or at least not as aggressively as snowman340 is going to use it. Just a normal towing a tube or such.

Any updates on this topic? i know is only been a couple of months from the last post but a lot can happen in a couple of months.
I was at my local dealer today and looked around while they were looking for my parts ,they couldn't find them because i let them sit there too long lol. Well i was looking at the spark Spark 2up 900 ACE and the Spark 2up 900 H.O. ACE and except for the part that its plastic and no stickers unless you buy the BRP ones will not stick to the haul i was surprised of the actual prices of them $4999 for the cheapest model is in my ballpark.
Now are they worth it ? for a person that will only just have normal ride , no wave jumping or at least not as aggressively as snowman340 is going to use it. Just a normal towing a tube or such.

I absolutely love my Spark, tomorrow will mark my one year anniversary with my Spark and I have taken it out about 25 weekends, I took it to all the lakes around Southern California, I have taken it out to Lake Mohave and I even rode it on the Pacific Ocean, and without a doubt I'll do it all over again in a second.

I'll post some links to my youtube channel..

Here is a video the first time I took it out on the water:
[video=youtube;ZXMvkxckZ6U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXMvkxckZ6U[/video]

I'll look for more videos while I was at Lake Mohave

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO, all the info above is right on as best we know it. Many Sparks have been used pretty much for jumping and playing as compared to cruising. Few have had serious issues. The x4 ski will likely be a stronger hull and hold up better to longer term aggressive type riding.

Pros and cons,, 2-stroke vs 4-stroke. Injection vs carbed, newer technology vs older technology,,,

I absolutely love my Spark, tomorrow will mark my one year anniversary with my Spark and I have taken it out about 25 weekends, I took it to all the lakes around Southern California, I have taken it out to Lake Mohave and I even rode it on the Pacific Ocean, and without a doubt I'll do it all over again in a second.
I'll post some links to my youtube channel..
I'll look for more videos while I was at Lake Mohave

What is the break-in procedure for a 4-stroke? Is it still about 10 hrs like a 2 stroke?
\

You ever ride an X4 brother? You could get a nice clean one for under 2K and it will whip the Spark everywhere but range. Most people consider them the best wave jumpers. Check out Minnetonka4me's videos if you haven't already.

this. i tell everyone who asks me about sparks that same thing. unless you need range or can't ride 2-strokes on your local waters an x4 is the way to go. you can completely rebuild and restore a x4 for less than a spark and out perform it. and if you really want to drop 5k in a ski, bring me an x4 hull and a 951 donor ski and i'll build you a ski that will rip your face off and beat rxp's to 60

Yesterday I also bought an extended BEST warranty from BRP for an additional 4 years (you have to buy it before the one year warranty that comes with the Spark runs out).

I like the fact I have warranty, I like the fact I can use $15 to ride the whole day on the lake, I also love I can tow it with my 4 cylinder camry.

Break in period is 10 or 25 hours, your first service isn't due till 100 hours.

Yes you should definetly get one!! They are a blast to ride and the fuel economy is like no other ski out there. But you shouldn't buy any spark, you should buy MY spark .

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes you should definetly get one!! They are a blast to ride and the fuel economy is like no other ski out there. But you shouldn't buy any spark, you should buy MY spark ��.

I saw your craigslist ad, $7500 is there a reason? Also, why are you selling it? Upgrading it? Just asking

I saw your craigslist ad, $7500 is there a reason? Also, why are you selling it? Upgrading it? Just asking

The reason I'm asking $7,500 is because of all the extras It comes with. 5 year warranty, cover, convince package, and manual reverse. I have every single receipt and service record for first service. I have about $8,500 into it.

Selling because my father wanted to get a ski but the one he wanted was only sold as a pair. Told him I'd sell mine and go half with him on the others. Honestly I love the ski and if I could financially afford to keep both you bet your ass I would!!

Back