Should a buy 2001 xp 951 for 1200w trl

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

k_24

Should i buy 2001 xp 951 with a trailer but one of the pistons has low compression

I am sure i can redo top end myself
Could low cylinder pressure indicate anything else beside bad piston ?
And do u guys recomend keep in mind im in canada and seadoos dont cost 5$ like in usa the trailer alone is 500$ here

I can’t say in Canada but here in the states I wouldn’t pay over $500. A 951 is going to need a crank and balancer rebuild in addition to the new top end. It will cost at least $1,000 U.S. to do the complete rebuild.

In the US, with a trailer you would be able to buy this under $500. So figure what your money and models are worth in Canada by comparison and go from there.

I can’t say in Canada but here in the states I wouldn’t pay over $500. A 951 is going to need a crank and balancer rebuild in addition to the new top end. It will cost at least $1,000 U.S. to do the complete rebuild.
How come ?
Why cant i just change the pistons and the sleeves ?

Because if you don’t replace the crank, the old one will last between 1-50 rides. Many of us have experienced this first hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back