Second Battery

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

FloorStreet

Hey I was wondering how hard it would be for me to install a second battery into my 230 Wake...

I searched and found a helpful thread regarding double batterys in the PWC section but I'm curious if this is a simple "do it yourself" installation or if I should pay a dealer to do it.

It is a simple do It youself, just take your time doing it so it gets done right if your new to it. We are always here to ask for advise if you get stuck.

Karl

West Marine....

You can find the battery switches almost anywhere that will let you choose from battery 1 or battery 2 or even, "All".......so, look at Walmart or West Marine. They are usually red in color.

Any marine supply store will probably have them........:cheers:

battery

just pull up the post double battery install the guys really helped out and all you need to know is in there.

I know I was thinking of doing the same thing. Don't want the tunes to kill the battery will getting ready for a new skier or just seating in the cove. I know that behind the Captain's seat we have an on off switch for the battery, but don't know if the aftermarket ones will fit in its place? Found this drawning of the single battery lay out that the boat has. The biggest thing I find is where to place the battery itself?

Attachments

• 09J0815.jpg
    09J0815.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 129
What about us guys that have two engines? Space is extremely limited, and I don't even know
if we can fit a second battery anywhere in the engine compartment..has anyone done this at all
with the two engine setup?

Thanks, Greg

What about us guys that have two engines? Space is extremely limited, and I don't even know
if we can fit a second battery anywhere in the engine compartment..has anyone done this at all
with the two engine setup?

Thanks, Greg

In my '99 Challenger, I have a second battery mounted on the stbd side below the blower. Basically the same place as the factory battery on the port side. You can buy a battery box, or just use a good strap (I recommend the box to keep the battery from moving)

I have a selector switch below the engine cover but above the removable liner. I always start on one battery and then switch over once then engine is running to charge both. I run the negative directly to the stbd engine, and have a positive wire going to the selector switch.

I looked and NO room

I looked in the engine compartment in my 99 Speedster and i don't think the second battery is going to fit because the air intake silencers and baffles.

Pincusa, is there any chance you could post photo's of you dual battery install, am interested in how much foam was cut away to make room for the second battery.
Also was the air intake tube cut shorter.

Need more help installing a second Batt. PLEASE

I want to get some more ideas on this please. I thought I was going to have a simple stereo setup, but now that
has turned into a me wanting a multispeaker set-up. I think I am going to need the extra battery, but I have the two
engine speedster and I can't find room really for any additional battery, so I need some more ideas please.

Attachments

• speedster engine.JPG
    speedster engine.JPG
    712.2 KB · Views: 218
Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, i thought my boat was hard to work on at least i can see the front of my motors!!:rofl:
Can you take a picture from the other side, is there room on the opposite side in the same position as the first battery.
Don't forget, if you use a dry cell or AGM battery it can lay on it's side. Plus they usually pack more cranking amps into a smaller case and are usually deep cycle.
They are also better for your audio amplifiers because they have a lower internal resistance, which lets them flow more current instantly.
If you set the system up with a voltage reading solinoid it is ok to use two different types of batteries together, but i would still suggest to use matching batteries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back