2022 Trophy “dealer prep”

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bpd221

Well after waiting 10 1/2 months to get my 2022 Trophy in I picked it up at the dealer. First thing I notice is all of the parts for the live well are in plastic bags sitting in the cooler. Dealer says the customer has to put that together. Hhhmm ok not that big a deal but I did pay $500 for dealer prep.
so next thing I hit the water and go off shore for a nice test run. Love the ski and head back to land to flush the ski and clean her up.
Now the interesting part. I pull the engine service cover and find the second battery was never hooked up by the dealer. The wires are still zip tied to the battery strap, the covers are on the terminals and the terminal nuts and bolts are still taped to the top of the battery. To top this off I am 700 miles from the dealership. I call the dealership who states oh we must have missed that??? I ask them if the battery would be charged? They inform me it comes charged from the factory.
later I get the PDI sheet from a dealer that instructs the dealer on what and how to prep the ski for delivery. Besides hooking up the live well the battery must be charged and hooked up!!!
Beware of your stealership and check out your ski yourself before heading out. Not all are competent mechanics, some are thieves.

Beware of your stealership and check out your ski yourself before heading out. Not all are competent mechanics, some are thieves.
You better believe it.
Picked up a ‘22 Trophy and loved it, fished 5+ miles offshore not thinking twice. It’s a brand new ski I can go anywhere with it.
I put 55 hours on it in 7 weeks, took it in for first service and swivel seat fault. Got it back from service, went to go out, swivel seat fault. Unplug the swivel seat harness and good to go, not!. Now Garmin doesn’t turn on.
Called dealership, said bring it in we will have someone look at it. Get to the store and they have no one to look at it until after the weekend, you can leave it they said. F that, I can check it out myself and Go Fishing!
Checked fuses in hull and all good. Noticed the voltage regulator was installed with zip ties thinking that’s weird. Finally found garmin fuse under front trim and it kept blowing, could not find short. Went to start the ski before heading out fishing and it would not start and the electric would not shut off. Disconnected battery.Called a different store of same dealership and brought it in.
They said on Wednesday after bringing in of Sat. That a fuse was blown and the Garmin wiring had a short?! I asked about the voltage reg being zip tied down and they said no it is bolted down. I had called the service dept later the day after I dropped it off to tell them about zip tie volt reg. I also opened a claim with BRP to follow up and make sure repairs are done to standards.
The same Wed I got a call from original service advisor updating me that they ordered the parts for the swivel seat and there was a blown fuse causing it not to shut off. Crazy part is he had no idea that I had they ski and they didn’t. Someone called me the week before to tell me ski was ready. WTF.
More and more of same bs. Get this, service manager from second dealership called to follow up on concern/complaint from BRP. He said he could not believe the voltage reg was installed with zip ties. That was after other cat said it was bolted down.
Now I am waiting on a second order of parts for repair which is voltage reg.
I left a bunch of details out but you get the idea and I can’t make all of this up. The idea of this jet ski is brand new and I can go anywhere with it is long gone.
Trying to get a copy of the OEM service manual and will get the B.E.S.T. warranty as hours are going to rack up quickly if it ever runs again lol. Worked fine before I took in for service.
There’s another part that says sell it and cut my losses now before I am forever bent over.
Wish you the best of luck with yours. If one person reads this thread and checks their new machine over, and finds something incorrect or not, this thread was worth making an account for.
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back