Seating legal limit

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

byebye

Hi, I've got a 4tec with four seats, limit 715 pounds or 4 people.

We are a family that does not drive crazy, we put-put around, nice thing about the sportster was that it fit in our garage :)

Question: Are the cops going to ticket me if I have 5 people in the boat?

We have a 3-year old that would be the 5th person - we'd still be well under the 715 pound limit.

If they did I would tell them to shove it! I would say you would be fine and I would tell them that you are still under the weight limit. lol

Just be careful, from a legal perspective you'd be stuffed if anything even unrelated happened. Insurance wouldn't pay either.
Cheers

sounds to me like you really using the sportster as a pontoon boat, so maybe you should trade it in on one ?

Just be careful, from a legal perspective you'd be stuffed if anything even unrelated happened. Insurance wouldn't pay either.
Cheers

I am definitely careful. Hey, what is that thing on top of ur boat? or was that photoshop'd in :)

sounds to me like you really using the sportster as a pontoon boat, so maybe you should trade it in on one ?

Hey, are y'all dissin pontoon boats? I've got a pontoon boat, "sis loves pontoon boats".

Lou

I called the police marine unit, they were basically unsure, but indicated they'd treat it as one OR the other, meaning 5 people under 715 lbs would be fine.

alternately, BigJake and ONE other of his family members :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I called the police marine unit, they were basically unsure, but indicated they'd treat it as one OR the other, meaning 5 people under 715 lbs would be fine.

alternately, BigJake and ONE other of his family members :)

gee you canadians are a little testy, eh. I make a perfectly reasonable suggestion and you go pickin on my family. Bad childhhood memory about pontoons at boyscout camp or do you need that big powerful boat to compensate? hmmm, i should get an aircraft carrier then....

I'll have you know that just lask week, me, LittleJake (he's just cuter than a duck wearing a hat), my wife, AND cousin BillyBob (he's the one that's second cousin to me, but first cousin on my wife's side) went out on the boat and we sere still 3 pounds under limit.

Don't know if we'll get out on the water today. We got to go to my brother's funeral. He got killed riding his motorcycle on the highway. He got hit by some darn fool canadian driving on the wrong side of the road.

calm down man, life is too short. We're all friend here.:cheers:

that was me on my dog sled on the wrong side of the road. jake, if ur gonna dish it out...c'mon. anyhoo, i'm filling up my big bubba mug w/ booze & taking a cab to the beach...cheers

Davo, I'm still curious about that thing on top of ur boat.

Last edited by a moderator:
:cheers:
that was me on my dog sled on the wrong side of the road. jake, if ur gonna dish it out...c'mon. anyhoo, i'm filling up my big bubba mug w/ booze & taking a cab to the beach...cheers

Davo, I'm still curious about that thing on top of ur boat.

no I was seriously asking if you have the type of boat you really want for your intended usage. From your post it sounded like you have a pretty young family so can't really jump on the throttle, so whats the point. Plus ain't it kind of hard on those engines to spend alot of time putting around rather than really running them, I don't really know? Maybe I read too much into your post.

re dishing it out, hey, I love the banter, If you can zing me with a good one I'm going to get a good laugh and send one back your way, no offense, just all in good fun to add some levity to the posts. :biggrinjester: Couldn't you tell that my reply was not serious, I was joking around with ya? Plus note that a good portion is self defecating humor, or did I mean self deprecating humor? I'm not sure which is more appropriate. I do have to admit when me, and LittleJake and BillyBob were out on the boat, I accidentally fell in the water, and let me tell ya those adult diapers are not as water proof as they claim to be. I got back on the boat holding 5 pounds of water which actually put us 2 pounds over the weight limit for the boat, so you were kinda right :)

Hey, have a great holiday and the next time you have your dogsled down this way stop in and we'll have a cold one. :cheers:

dude, keep driving ur motorcycle on the freeway & let Darwin do his work

byebye, I saw this in the headlines today.

"NY motorcyclist dies on ride protesting helmet law"

sad but true. now that is Darwin at work.

The limit is either the stated number of passengers or the weight limit. I can't speak for Canada, but the only time I've seen that become an issue here is if people do something stupid and get pulled over by the harbor patrol. Then, the do the full check, looking to get you: proper paperwork and insurance, life jackets, capacity, etc.

The capacity sticker does make it pretty clear that it's one or the other: persons or weight. I'd bet you wouldn't get much sympathy from the HP or CG because you'd have a 3 year-old without a seat (it's the number of seat locations that usually dictates the max number of persons).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back