seadoo wake 155 wear ring question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

leo2casper

how do you know when the wear ring needs to be replace? Little rock got stocked in it.while was in the water, accelerate it , but didn't go. So at home i got the rock out , and it looks that nothing is broken
But the wear ring has some scratches. How do i know if it need to be replace? Thank you

how do you know when the wear ring needs to be replace? Little rock got stocked in it.while was in the water, accelerate it , but didn't go. So at home i got the rock out , and it looks that nothing is broken
But the wear ring has some scratches. How do i know if it need to be replace? Thank you

Pull the pump...check clearance between prop and ring. Use spark plug feeler gauges.

.010-.015 acceptable...tighter is better.

If your going to pull it apart to check clearance, have a new one ready. IMO for the work of pulling all apart for suspected ring, 9-10 times you end up changing it out, they are reasonably cheap, not end of world to have it on shelf if u don't need it.
Also if you do change it the freezer trick works great IMO

eh....not for me. With an ss ring...I can pull the pump, check the clearance, grease the cone, re-assemble and re-install in less than an hr. A lil practice is all that's needed.

Just ride it and see if it's fast enough. If it is, keep riding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back