Seadoo RXT 215 oil leak

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

LisaC97

Hi all I'm new to the jetski world having recently purchased a 2007 seadoo RXT 215 with 89 hours. Wr have had the suoerchather rebuilt a few weeks ago and everything seemed to be working well until yesterday when we were out on it the oil light came on. Strange as the oil was fine a few days ago. After having a look my boyfriend discovered that the oil was completely empty and has leaked all over the bottom of the hull. We have asked our local repair shop who suggested it might be an engine mount that has pierced the seal on the oil? (I'm not very mechanically minded so apologies if that makes bo sense! )We have receipts from previous owner that show the mounts were changed in march, any ideas if this is most likely the cause or anything else we could look for? Thanks

I have 2 2005 rxp with the same engine. never heard of a motor mount piercing the seal. However the oil cooler is on the right side of the block under the air intake and the o rings have a tendency to leak after a few years. Also there are 2 lines that run to it that may be loose. There are many reasons it could be leaking, around the shaft, the oil pump, the oil seperator , The magneto housing, crankshaft, and the block itself. If your are unfamiliar with the engines I recommend taking to a seadoo dealer for expert opinion. then go from there.

what he said..

However you can put some oil in the crankcase and theB apply some air pressure to the dipstick line (with dipstick removes) control the compressed air to around 10psi and you should be able to identify where the leak is.

what he said..

However you can put some oil in the crankcase and theB apply some air pressure to the dipstick line (with dipstick removes) control the compressed air to around 10psi and you should be able to identify where the leak is.

I have the same problem. I bought a 2008 and the guy I got it from has service records and rebuilt the supercharger before selling. I rode it for about an hour and when I went to pull it out of the water, I go to open the bilge and brown milky stuff came out of the backend. checked oil and there's no water in there. However oil is low. How do you attach something to the dipstick and apply pressure? Is it common for oil to splash like this if it's coming from the cooler? attached is a picture of what my phone can see.

Attachments

• IMG_5775.PNG
    IMG_5775.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back