Seadoo Islandia interior upholstery redo's Color Scheme changes - Post them here!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeptemberC

I have seen a few really nice looking color changes for interiors over the years. If you have pictures of Islandia interiors that have been reupholstered post them here.
ALSO - if you have deconstruction pictures of the process - Post them here. Getting those seats off and back on is a chore. any help we can get is always appreciated!

I have seen a few really nice looking color changes for interiors over the years. If you have pictures of Islandia interiors that have been reupholstered post them here.
ALSO - if you have deconstruction pictures of the process - Post them here. Getting those seats off and back on is a chore. any help we can get is always appreciated!
We just finished wrapping our 2007 Islandia with a new color scheme. We had the upholstery changed to match. My only issue now are the grab handles - trying to get rid of all the gold!

Attachments

• Boat Wrap After.jpg
    Boat Wrap After.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 83
  • Boat Interior After.jpg
    Boat Interior After.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 81
  • Boat Captain Chair After.jpg
    Boat Captain Chair After.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 73
That green grey combo looks great. I too have an 07 and not a fan of the Brown. I have a new blue/black exterior wrap, and getting ready to do some upholstery updates soon. F126BB88-057A-4245-A619-0A16F2D3753C.jpeg

Should mention about the handles. I swapped mine for all black. Choices I could find were only white or black. Was worried the black would get hot like some parts of my dark upholstery, but they don't. It made a huge difference in looks, but wasn't cheap as far as handles go since these boats have 8 (if I'm recalling correctly)

Lol! Getting at some of the cushions nuts are definitely a pain especially if you don't have thin arms that fit into cup holder holes.
Here's my 2017 upholstery refresh, with a few seasons on it. I really liked the blue/gray so I had it matched as closely as possible.PXL_20210724_233826055.jpgPXL_20210724_233817551.MP.jpgPXL_20210724_233808132.jpgPXL_20210724_233851223.jpg

My 2000 Islandia redone...Lake Wylie, SC. I didn't take photos of the removal/reinstall, but can advise if needed. Also changed out the steering wheel & rocker switches for ones with icons.

Attachments

• img_0669.jpg
    img_0669.jpg
    444.3 KB · Views: 48
  • img_0672.jpg
    img_0672.jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 48
  • img_0677.jpg
    img_0677.jpg
    311.4 KB · Views: 48
  • img_0685.jpg
    img_0685.jpg
    296.3 KB · Views: 43
  • img_0686.jpg
    img_0686.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_9454.jpg
    IMG_9454.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
My 2000 Islandia redone...Lake Wylie, SC. I didn't take photos of the removal/reinstall, but can advise if needed. Also changed out the steering wheel & rocker switches for ones with icons.
Can you post info about where you purchased your steering wheel and rocker switches? Also for anyone else the rear hatch seat on the starboard side, After having the upholstery redone my seat bottom is loose they are in the front corner any suggestions on securing?

Last edited:
Should mention about the handles. I swapped mine for all black. Choices I could find were only white or black. Was worried the black would get hot like some parts of my dark upholstery, but they don't. It made a huge difference in looks, but wasn't cheap as far as handles go since these boats have 8 (if I'm recalling correctly)
Hi: Could you share where you purchased your handles? Would love to swap out our old gold ones. Thanks!

I am looking to replace handles on a Utopia. They seem to be 10 in handles with screws about 8 1/4 in on center. Did use use an OEM black handle replacement? Does that sound like the same size? I was also considering a stainless handle but hard to tell exactly what fits the OEM holes. Also, are they hard to remove and replace? Do you have to get access behind to deal with a nut, etc? Thanks.

Handles for the Islandia were 7.75 inch on center ones. (Not sure if they are the same for the Utopia) I used these from Amazon and they installed fairly easily once I got the old ones off. (To get old ones out I did spray some “Free All” as best I could). It helped as I about stripped the head on the first one I tried removing before spraying.

You don’t need access behind the handle as the nut is set/fixed in place. Overall it was a fairly easy swap once screws were loosened. Maybe took 2-3 hours to swap all 8.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000AZ75...abc_0JP7FM62TNMZX621ZBFQ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Handles for the Islandia were 7.75 inch on center ones. (Not sure if they are the same for the Utopia) I used these from Amazon and they installed fairly easily once I got the old ones off. (To get old ones out I did spray some “Free All” as best I could). It helped as I about stripped the head on the first one I tried removing before spraying.

You don’t need access behind the handle as the nut is set/fixed in place. Overall it was a fairly easy swap once screws were loosened. Maybe took 2-3 hours to swap all 8.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000AZ75...abc_0JP7FM62TNMZX621ZBFQ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Thank you. Very helpful. Might try the OEM handles I found out there since they measure darn close and at least have the same first four digits of the part number for my originals, 2040…. I have two on the corners of the consoles that appear to have a different shape but I am suspicious they might be the same as the other six, just bend to fit the holes right.

Attachments

• 03F3014D-699C-4DE5-A3CE-E99BDBDAFCD1.jpeg
    03F3014D-699C-4DE5-A3CE-E99BDBDAFCD1.jpeg
    160.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 4D74E4F1-B275-4518-8CD5-0A0B8ED3FA79.jpeg
    4D74E4F1-B275-4518-8CD5-0A0B8ED3FA79.jpeg
    196.5 KB · Views: 35
EED7B7B2-B970-4B0C-B9D8-AD2E7C9DE998.jpegThank you. Very helpful. Might try the OEM handles I found out there since they measure darn close and at least have the same first four digits of the part number for my originals, 2040…. I have two on the corners of the consoles that appear to have a different shape but I am suspicious they might be the same as the other six, just bend to fit the holes right.
I was going to replace my handles due to the black gunk and mold stains on them. Had problems finding oem so ended up trying the following spray. I did have to soak and scrub but it got rid of all the black stains.

Granted I may have gotten lucky but it sure saved me alot of money.

I was going to replace my handles due to the black gunk and mold stains on them. Had problems finding oem so ended up trying the following spray. I did have to soak and scrub but it got rid of all the black stains.

Granted I may have gotten lucky but it sure saved me alot of money.
Hey, thanks for the tip! I might just take that recommendation as a first step given I am removing them either way and can start with a few dollar investment first. Thanks for including the brand name of the spray, too.

Thank you. Very helpful. Might try the OEM handles I found out there since they measure darn close and at least have the same first four digits of the part number for my originals, 2040…. I have two on the corners of the consoles that appear to have a different shape but I am suspicious they might be the same as the other six, just bend to fit the holes right.
Ended up finding Seadoo factory handles on EBAY and Amazon that fit the 2007 Utopia. They are black only. They are $30 a pair. LeadersRPM is the company selling on both sites. Good fit and quality. Some of the old hex screws were really hard to remove from the originals. At least one snapped and had to be drilled out. Hard to get any lubricant into the screws to remove them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back