Seadoo Gti Le Rfi dies

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

cdubs16

Hey guys I’m new to this forum and I recently have purchased a 2005 seadoo GTI LE RFI, the people I bought this from said it was running great last summer but has not been ran since, I took it out the other day after replacing the spark plugs, charging the battery, and adding fuel stabilizer and oil. The jet ski started right up in the water but after a few minutes it just cuts off, restarting it would work fine sometimes if I gave it some throttle but it struggles. Sometimes it would just click a little but other times it would start right back up. I have ordered new fuel filters and plan to change the fuel pump and siphon out all the old gas in it and add new premium gas. Anyone have ideas on what this could be? I’m very new too this so any advice would help.

Before you do anything check your fuel pressure just to have a base line. 58psi (ish) then see if your fuel regulator is holding when the pump isn't running. You are correct in replacing the fuel and that my be your problem. I'd send the injectors out for cleaning and testing. You can't really test them properly so you may as well eliminate them as an issue. I use fuelinjectorman.com but you may have someone local that you prefer to use.

Make sure you have a good strong battery. Post up how you make out. Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back