Seadoo Dealer Reviews

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Bow Cycle and Powersports, Calgary, Alberta- Terrible

I recently took my 2009 Seadoo Wake Pro 215 in for an oil and plug change to Bow Cycle and sports in South Calgary, Alberta.
I also needed the 2 screws for the popup tow bar on the back of the seadoo and asked him to get me some. He told me it would be a $65.00 fee to research the part. I was totally disgusted that they would charge this fee for a part lookup. I told him to forget that I would do it myselfI looked it up online and bought it from a dealer for $1.29.
They also charged me $259.00 for the oil change and plugs. Not sure if it has anything to do with them but my VTS is non functional on the seadoo now also. Will not be bringing my machine there ever again and do not recommend this dealer to buy from or get service from.

Last edited by a moderator:
I purchased a 2012 Seadoo RXT 260 from East Coast Cycle in Bensalem, PA. and I would give them the lowest score possible... Salesman was unprofessional, sloppy and just looked disheveled. Always trying to pull a fast one like unfortunately most salesman. Had an issue with my ski after the first hour of putting it in the water and they were not very helpful to say the least. I brought it back to them to see if they could find out what the problem was and of course it came back with no issues reported. To add insult to injury, they wanted to charge me for a diagnostics test and a water test (remember after not being able to tell me what was wrong with the ski) but when I questioned it they only charged me for the time spent on the diagnostics.. $129 real classy operation. Unfortunately I dealt with the owner at the later part of my issue so he was no better in customer service then the salesman. There were a couple of staff members that were helpful in that they spent the time talking to me like I mattered as a customer but other than that not a good experience. I would not even buy an accessory from them.

Hi just being curious about problem with ski as I have had a mirror image like yours brand new rxp260rs and 5 mns in water and lose of power (check engine, flashing engine light then limp mode) is this the same by any chance?
Cheers

I purchased a 2012 Seadoo RXT 260 from East Coast Cycle in Bensalem, PA. and I would give them the lowest score possible... Salesman was unprofessional, sloppy and just looked disheveled. Always trying to pull a fast one like unfortunately most salesman. Had an issue with my ski after the first hour of putting it in the water and they were not very helpful to say the least. I brought it back to them to see if they could find out what the problem was and of course it came back with no issues reported. To add insult to injury, they wanted to charge me for a diagnostics test and a water test (remember after not being able to tell me what was wrong with the ski) but when I questioned it they only charged me for the time spent on the diagnostics.. $129 real classy operation. Unfortunately I dealt with the owner at the later part of my issue so he was no better in customer service then the salesman. There were a couple of staff members that were helpful in that they spent the time talking to me like I mattered as a customer but other than that not a good experience. I would not even buy an accessory from them.

Hi just being curious about problem with ski as I have had a mirror image like yours brand new rxp260rs and 5 mns in water and lose of power (check engine, flashing engine light then limp mode) is this the same by any chance?*
Cheers

Destination Powersports in Punta Gorda, FL.

Blah.... picked up an 07 ski for a friend that had been regularly serviced by the dealer, multiple receipts for assorted stuff, 2,000 worth of receipts, still had ceramic washers, two bad motormounts and a bad pto, dirty as hell inside.

If I ever see receipts from them again I'll assume nothing important has been done.

Bought my 2016 RXP 300X in lava red from Dutchess Recreational Vehicles in Poughkeepsie NY. Got a fair deal and it was ready, prepped and waxed upon delivery. They even repaired a bunk on my trailer as I pulled in. Good people there and service dept is also pretty good. Bought my 1996 Seadoo XP there and both my 2003 GTI LE RFI's were bought there by a prior owner. All 4 of my skis from same dealership and I still own them. Long standing dealership with good rep. Thanks to Mike Gleeson for locating my lava red as they did not have one. Id rate them as very good.

Bought my 2009 RXT IS 255 from a private seller, although I was going to buy from JetSport in Huntington Station, NY. I went there to look around and they gave me an exceptionally good deal on a 2016 GTI 155 SE WITH A TRAILER!! But I found a 2009 RXT IS 255 on craigslist with 50 hours, couldn't pass the offer up, for $6400, two minor abrasions on the hull, are you kidding me?? Deal of a lifetime. The ski was maintained so well I would eat off the engine, always had full oil, guy had the entire maintenance record, winterized every year by dealer, maintained by dealer.

But honestly, JetSport in Hunting Station, 5 stars. Even though I didn't buy from them, they knew my name when I walked in and what I was there previously looking for. It's always the small shops that are the best, the bigger shops are all whack and not friendly.

I won't bore you with the details, but I do know how to voice my opinion. After taking my ski t the local sea doo dealership for servicing. ( before I knew better) I had bumper stickers made. I'd be getting gas at the local station and people would ask me about the sticker. Then they would tell me their horror stories about the place. Then they'd ask me if I had any more stickers ? Of course I had more in the glove box. sticker.JPG I was very lucky and was saved seadoo snipe. I'm telling ya ,the guy should wear a cape most of the time. He proved to me they were tying to screw me. Then he helped me fix it.
I bought it used but it was new to me. I waxed it and polished it. They parked it outside for 4 days in the wind and dust and then the morning dew. So I got it back from the dealer covered with mud. mud 2.JPG
If your in Northern Nevada and want to know the details, I keep everything well documented-with videos.....

I'd like to give a shout out to Ronnies Cycle in Pittsfield Mass. -
I just bought a 2009 RXT-x255 from them for $6k. new motor & supercharger. ski looks beautiful.
They are keeping it indoors for me until I get over there with a trailer to pick it up (hopefully sometime this week!)
The guys there are really helpful and cool- their head sea-doo tech really seems to know his stuff.
kind of place where you get the feeling they'll chat with you all day about tips & tricks. If they weren't nearly 100 miles from me in Nh, I'd love to give them more service business!

Webster Marine on Smith Mountain Lake in VA. Great for service/repairs. I'd give them 5/5 but they are EXPENSIVE. So 4/5 for Webster Marine.

Mind you, there are more expensive dealers around - with them, I vote with my feet!

JETBLAST OF GULFPORT, MISSISSIPPI

I took my used and newly acquired 2011 RXT is260 in to have them fix my steering (would only turn to the right) and find out why it was blowing blue smoke. They had me sign an agreement that it would be $100 before any work would be done. This did not include reassembly if I decided not to go ahead and have it repaired. I figured sure how much can the steering be maybe a few hundred and a compression test maybe another 100 or so. I agreed. Two weeks later I called them not the other way around and I'm told the ski is a total wreck and it will cost $12K to make it right. They tell me don't bother fixing it we have great used skis here for around $6k. I said I just paid $6k for this one and I'll be right down to get my ski. Needless to say they didn't fix the steering and when I got the ski home after giving them $300 for the bill the inside of the ski was filled with parts and screws and hoses and.... well you get the idea. They had dismantled everything except the long block. Every connector, hose, exhaust manifold injector, valve cover I could go on. I complained and was told "you signed the slip". Now when I dropped it off it ran fine but blew some smoke and the steering needed to be fixed. I got it back a useless pile of parts. So disassembled it wasn't worth having any other shop put it back together. I was pissed! I began the long process of fixing it myself. It took me weeks as I am not a jet ski mechanic but I am a mechanic. These intelligent suspension skis are harder to work on as I see it. A real PITA! I fixed the steering by replacing the broken steering mount assembly for $75 and just put every single wire and part back on. I had it out on the water yesterday, it hit 60MPH easy and ran great turning left and right and yes it used some oil (about an 1/8" between the bends in the dip stick) that's after two hours on the water mostly over 5k RPM. So if in Mississippi along the Gulf Coast beware! Do not drop your ski at JetBlast in Gulfport unless you like spending lots of money or want your ski back in pieces.

I live in South Jersey and had to be in Milford CT Saturday. I don't have any close local dealers so stopped at Stamford Motorsports which is right off 95 at 10:01. They open at 10. Wanted to pick up a bunch of parts-4 oil change kits, antifreeze, fogging oil, anodes etc. Probably $400 in parts. Also had a quick question. Since they had just opened there were 4-5 other people there for parts. One guy wanted to buy a life vest and you could tell he wanted to get on the water.They had one person at the parts counter, who took a telephone call before waiting on anyone and proceeded to spend probably 15 minutes on the phone without waiting on anyone or asking anyone else to help. For all I know he could still be on the phone as I walked out at about 10:20. Might have even been later. If that is any indication of how they treat customers I would steer far away. It's not like their prices were any bargain.

I saw a negative review from some time ago about J&J in Wilmington. I had just the opposite experience. Bought my 2016 from them and they were a pleasure to work with. Have had them work on my 2006 and they have always been fair. They have replaced gauge cluster, wear ring and a bunch else. Their not cheap but they are fair. Yes if you don't have them do the work they charge for the estimate but they have to. Otherwise people would get a diagnosis and fix it themselves. But the owner has even gone so far with me as trying to walk me through eliminating items myself to avoid having to bring the ski in. If they are not 5 stars they are awfully close.

Flamingo Motorsports in Palmer MA is great. I have great luck with the service department they have been very helpful on my motorcycle and I had a warped wheel on the jet ski trailer and they let me just bring in my wheel and they handed me another they had on an in stock trailer. Sales hooked me up with a ton of accessories at cost when I bought my spark. Thanks, Gabe, Joe, Mike. Every time I go in there I end up BSing with the guys for a while.

I bought my 2016 RXTX 300 in March 2016 from Extreme Jet Sports in New Orleans LA. Bruce is a great guy to deal with. Had one issue with IBR in June of this year and he took care of it right away, went above and beyond trying to get me back on the water as soon as possible.
He is very professional and passionate about the sport. Bring the ski in even for a simple oil change and he will personally go run the ski to make sure it is preforming the way it should be.

TL;DR: riva Motorsports Miami does not appear to have a competent service team. was blatantly lied to (which they fessed up to) very disappointed in service and they damaged trailer lights as well

bought a used ski and took it in to riva Motorsports Miami (the south one not the pompano one). bought ski with ibr error, showing battery voltage high at above 6000rpm.

they started it on the trailer, didn't see a check engine light and told me "the ski needs nothing just a new battery ready to go in the water" collected my $150 diagnostic and ran.
brought ski back after getting stranded a mile offshore in the keys when it locked up and died again, so much for "needs nothing good to go"

took it back and they promised to dig back into it. two weeks later no progress, called an asked whats up at 1 week and they said they were "waiting for brp to send them an update to their system so they could update the ibr" ok, strange as this is a 2012 but whatever... week later call back and same story, hands are tied waiting on brp"
show up 3 days later and service rep levels with me and says they have been slammed and haven't even touched the ski to look at it because they've been doing a motor build...
at three weeks later they finally get to it, mind you they left the key on the dess this whole time and the (new) battery is now at 11 volts. they just throw a shop charger on it and run it with the charger running and it throws a bunch of codes and can't even talk to the ibr system at all, they tell me it will be $800 for a new throttle body so i just go pick it up (throttle body is actually fine btw)

i get it home, charge the agm on it's charger for two days, ibr now responds but has some issues still related to voltage, throttle body codes are completely gone,inspection of tb shows free movement and no corrosion.

oh, and they broke my trailers brand new tail lights, both sides, running it around on their forklift tow hitch adapter.

ended up needing new ibr module and new regulator, both of which i did myself. not taking ski back to that dealership i'll drive to the pompano one if i need help in the future. for an idea of how bad of a review that is- i live 10 mins from the miami one and and hour thirty to two hours from the pompano one with traffic. pompano riva has better reputation i hear. south riva seem to have a jack of all trades master of none tech team, they were trying to use the 2016 ibr override procedure on my ski and couldn't get it to work, because that's not how to override a 2012. basic stuff an actual seadoo tech would know by heart.

oh went to buy an oil filter from parts but wasn't going to buy the xps oil at double the cost it should be, they pushed yamalube, blue tub and said that's what everyone swore by, which luckily i found out is not jaso m2 rated so i returned it. basics that a performance dealership should know with seadoo clutches.

Loiselle Sports, outside of Ottawa, Canada.

Just excellent, top notch people. Someone put me onto them even though I live 5 hours away because they said it would be worth the drive. They were right.

Surf and Turf Power Sports - Pemberton, NJ

I got screwed. But dont worry they closed thier doors. Sales wise it was great (thanks Ed) . Thought I got a good deal with a Yama Ski trade in for my new 2008 Challenger 180. Service sucked. The day of delivery the boat was uncovered parked under a tree. There was so much pollen then never even washed it. Hooked the battery up and that was it. The pollen stained all the white leather seats. Disgusting. Got it home realized the cover on the engine was never put back on. Guess they checked the oil and had to remove this cover and it just sat there on the side. First trip out the stereo busted. I only put 5 hours on it all summer. Was too busy with life. Then when i took it to anotehr service shop to get winterized they told me I had stress cracks all over the back decking. I took it to Surf N Turf and thier first responce of family picnic on boat in america was BRP wont cover stress cracks. This was clearly a defect so I got a lawyer involved. As soon as I mentioned that BRP changed thier mind. However, they had to send the boat off to a body shop. 2-3 weeks later Surf and Turf closed down. Never paid the bill to the body shop. So my boat sat in the lot nearly 7 months. I basically got free winter storage. A month ago I was able to talk the body shop into releasing the boat to me since I had nothing to do with the work order. Good luck to them. When i got the boat back the radio was missing. Surf anf Turf took it out to get it replaced and since they closed never got the new one. So I went out and got a replacement for $160.00.

Just be careful. With the economy the way it is many companies are closing. I can assume boat sales are down due to people loosing jobs etc.
Quite Expensive replacement. If it's just for this

Stress cracks in gelcoat are about as common as acorns on the ground under an oak tree. It has no effect on the boats integrity at all. A little bleachwhite boat cleaner would have removed any pollen / leaf stains from your VINYL interior easily. I don't know how a dealer is responsible for a broken radio, I don't think I've ever purchased a boat that had a working radio- for $75 and 1 hour of work, you can easily install a new bluetooth non-mech unit... I'm guessing you haven't owned many boats if you think pollen stains, gelcoat stress cracks and a malfunctioning radio are reasons to hire an attorney. Sounds like you didn't do your due diligence before buying the boat.

jetsport hunting station LONG ISLAND new york
lower then a 1 a big zero .
service manager told me carbon seals dont leak they are a dry seal.(30 min run time I CALLED DEALER) after bringing in ski they keep it for three weeks outside with the key in the start mode for anybody to turn on at will . found brick pieces in ski foot wells . after the three week wait ,was this , we found nothing LOL after a brief argument the service manager saun (smiley weasel face ) said bring it to brp in canada let them fix it . i had a video of leaking seal plus a total of three water leaks) i called brp , bla bla bla this shady dealership..garbage .... , store owner wouldnt return calls about issue . service manager is very arrogant the smile tells you hes going to screw you . etc etc if it wasnt for buying a leftover i would have never gone to that place . lucky i can fix myself. warranty isnt even a good toilet paper.
this is only a small bit of the bull do yourself a favor go to another place they give you opposite of what you ask not an accident i looked at there reviews and many say the same in lesser words . ill cut this short also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. BEWARE BAD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seadoo, Can-am, Honda of Winston Salem, NC - GREAT but problems with OEM and shipping.

While my experience was pretty bad buying my 2021 Wake Pro 230, all of the problems were out of dealer control. However they did diagnose my 2001 GTX RFI for free for me, and gave a ton of advice on how to get it working again after some girl sunk it at the lake. I cannot express how cool the guys in the service department were to me. They were also really interested in helping me because they could tell how much research and work I had already done into my older ski (thanks to you guys).

About the 2021 Wake Pro... The first one I had put a deposit on got dropped by a forklift at a different dealership getting some side-by-sides off the truck, and they needed to move my ski to get to them. Seadoo Winston called the rep furious, and had a 2021 released a few weeks early and shipped immediately to me. On arrival the holes below the waterline for the board rack were improperly drilled and the spacing between the two plastic mount pieces was too far. Also the paint all on the bottom of the ski was already peeling and showing bare fiberglass. The dealer talked with me and agreed that during this winter I can bring it back and they will order a second wake rack for me and mount it properly on the opposite side. My plan to get the original one is to print a new bottom bracket reusing the existing holes under the waterline that will make the improper distance work, using my 3d printer. The dealer also agreed to repaint the entire bottom half of the boat during the winter as well. I have all of this in writing. So in the end I get an end of season fresh paint job and with a little work i'll have two board racks on the boat instead of one.

Overall a series of very unfortunate events, and OEM defects. However the dealership time and time again did everything in their power to make things right for me.

Interstate Cycle, Mooresville NC

Just bought 2 used 2015 Seadoo gti skis from these guys. Super nice and super easy to deal with. I couldnt have asked for a better buying experience

CC Powerporports in Clarksville Indiana

Do not do business with them.

Do your research, there are plenty of similar powersports dealerships around the Louisville area. FIRST: This place is not military-friendly. SECOND: I have bought around a dozen brand new toys in my life, from ATVs, dirt bikes, golf carts, street bikes, etc., so I know how these types of transactions are done.

Let me explain my experience. I was looking to buy a jet ski. In the beginning, everything was going well and the seller was very attentive until I committed to buying the Sea-Doo, and made a deposit. After that, communication turned difficult.
I provided them my financial institution, everything was prepared for them and all they had to do was to complete the registration papers, bill of sale, and I will be out the door. I TRUSTED THEM, they started by taking me to different sections of the dealer, parts, service, and apparel departments, I understand, I also have a degree in business and I know marketing and sales pretty well. Then, they took me straight to the ineffective finance officer. I had to call my bank institution so my bank can tell him that I can add my wife to the title. This is the first time someone told me that I cannot add my wife to the title. He was too lazy to start a new set of documents, why? Because he decided to start everything before we arrived there, how I know? They were asking me for the check amount before I even hit the road to the store.

The biggest issue was that the unit that I bought was listed on the website with an audio system and the audio system was missing. Then, they claimed it was advertised incorrectly and that unit does not come with an audio system. Really? They need to add the audio system as a false advertisement. I waited an entire week for the unavailable manager (Jose) that is so ineffective that he cannot even answer calls or call me back, he never did. Everything was managed by the vendor. That day, I was in a hurry to go back home because it was cold outside and the Jet Ski was delivered outside in the cold and I missed that. * I never saw the unit until the end, I feel they tricked me. Now they do not want to provide the missing equipment, and I'm not sure if they forgot to install it. Anyway, they need to provide the equipment as a false advertisement.

My recommendation is to go somewhere else if you are shopping in the area. Do not provide personal information to them over the phone. CHECK, CHECK, AND CHECK your equipment before you leave the store and ask them to show you whatever you want to buy first you sign any documentation. Lastly, work with your own financial institution if you decide to do business with them. * Do not work with Matt or Jose. There is a reason they have a lot of bad reviews on Facebook.

I also attached a screenshot from a complaint I placed on BBB and their response, this dealer lied again because their supposed manager never contacted me. They can reply to this review and add the management conversation with me.

Back