Seadoo Dealer Reviews

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

hfgreg

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Post the dealer that you purchased your seadoo from then give a quick run down of how they were and rank them on a scale of 1 - 5 so the other members know something about them :cheers:

Barneys Marine, Saint Peterburg, Florida ...5+

I bought my 2008,200speedster w/310 h.p from Barneys Marine in SaintPetersburg, Florida. Dealer rating........5+

Riva South

I bought ours from Riva South Motorsports in Key Largo, and so far they've been awesome - always available for questions, great guys, and are supposed to be one of the largest dealers in the south. Their service department is rated high, and we're definitely going to be driving down for service and repairs (if necessary) instead of staying more local to Miami. I rank them 5 so far, but keep in mind this is from a new boater, so if the experience changes, I'll update my opinions here.

HK Powersports of Hooksett NH -- 5+

Just purchased our 180 Challenger SE (2008) from these folks, and so far the experience has been first-rate. Worked with John Soares, who really gave us a terrific deal, and worked extra hard to get us excellent financing. No pressure or false advertising, and no hidden extras. They are delivering the boat in a few days, and I'll update this post once they do.

John
Newton MA

LOCKHART'S ODYSSEY
14 Oxford County Road 13
Courtland, ON N0J1E0
Phone: (519) 688-3278
Fax: (519) 688-1204
email: lockhartsodyssey@hotmail.com

-1,000,0000:rant:
I will never deal with this dealer ever again. I was VERY dissatisfied with there service and knowledge of seadoo's.

i am looking for some reviews from snow city in toronto ontario.

anyone have any experience with them?

Surf and Turf Power Sports - Pemberton, NJ

I got screwed. But dont worry they closed thier doors. Sales wise it was great (thanks Ed) . Thought I got a good deal with a Yama Ski trade in for my new 2008 Challenger 180. Service sucked. The day of delivery the boat was uncovered parked under a tree. There was so much pollen then never even washed it. Hooked the battery up and that was it. The pollen stained all the white leather seats. Disgusting. Got it home realized the cover on the engine was never put back on. Guess they checked the oil and had to remove this cover and it just sat there on the side. First trip out the stereo busted. I only put 5 hours on it all summer. Was too busy with life. Then when i took it to anotehr service shop to get winterized they told me I had stress cracks all over the back decking. I took it to Surf N Turf and thier first responce was BRP wont cover stress cracks. This was clearly a defect so I got a lawyer involved. As soon as I mentioned that BRP changed thier mind. However, they had to send the boat off to a body shop. 2-3 weeks later Surf and Turf closed down. Never paid the bill to the body shop. So my boat sat in the lot nearly 7 months. I basically got free winter storage. A month ago I was able to talk the body shop into releasing the boat to me since I had nothign to do with the work order. Good luck to them. When i got the boat back the radio was missing. Surf anf Turf took it out to get it replaced and since they closed never got the new one. So I went out and got a replacement for $160.00.

Just be careful. With the economy the way it is many compnies are closing. I can assume boat sales are down due to people loosing jobs etc.

J & J Powersports Wilmington, DE

I recently took my ski into J & J Powersports in Wilmington, DE for a minor repair. This was my first experience there and hopefully, my last. The bill was over $230.00 for what should of been an hour labor and $5.99 in parts. They do not give estimates unless you agree to get the work done. Otherwise, they charge for the estimate. Very disappointed.

Central Jersey Motorsports

I bought my 2009 rxp-x from them, a new place in south river, nj, its a small off the path place, good guys working there, didnt bs me, i was in and out. Every time i go in there they know my name and what unit i bought. i rate it 5+.

Chicken Barn Georgia

Bought mine out of an abandon chicken barn in East Georgia. With the exception of being a little dusty and smelly it would rate better than most any Dealer in the country. 7+
:rofl::rofl::cheers:

Florida Motor Sports of Naples, Florida

Post the dealer that you purchased your seadoo from then give a quick run down of how they were and rank them on a scale of 1 - 5 so the other members know something about them :cheers:

I would rate them 0. We have bought three SeaDoos from them, the last one merely three weeks ago. Sadly, it began sinking while we were out in the Gulf and we had to be towed home by Seatow. They picked it up and I received a call the next day saying it was not taking on water. I advised them to look harder and please give me a call. I did not hear anything from them for a week and tired of hanging on the phone for 30 mins went to the store. There I was told that the O-rings had not been installed at the factory. I had told everyone I came in contact that I did not want this jet ski anymore since it had been submerged. They ignored me and finally the manager said we would have to take it back and we could sue Bombardier if we were dissatisfied. We said we bought it from them and they are the ones who should take it up with Bombardier. I have bought three jet skis from them but this will surely be the last one. They do not stand behind their product and have very poor communication skills. Carolyn McKee

Quick question...is it a brand new seadoo, or used? Also if it had a little water in it, it should be ok, unless it sunk and was water flooded in the engine. Most all components are water proof, it's a water craft. A little leak shouldn't really bother anything. The wait time would have upset me though.

Karl

new seadoo

Quick question...is it a brand new seadoo, or used? Also if it had a little water in it, it should be ok, unless it sunk and was water flooded in the engine. Most all components are water proof, it's a water craft. A little leak shouldn't really bother anything. The wait time would have upset me though.

Karl
It was a new Seadoo and the engine was under water. The spark plugs were wet and the jet ski wouldn't start again when we had it on the davit trying to flush out the engine. It was rolling out in the Gulf and most of the craft was under water. What do you think, the people I have talked to said why take a risk on a new Seadoo, if it were used that would be different?

Is the dealer getting it back and running again? It's not the first one I've seen get wet and not have any problems later...it is still under warranty. You could try another dealer. Things happen, that's why we have warranty's.( for manufactures defects)

Karl

Is the dealer getting it back and running again? It's not the first one I've seen get wet and not have any problems later...it is still under warranty. You could try another dealer. Things happen, that's why we have warranty's.( for manufactures defects)

Karl

I am glad we have the warranty, but it was cold comfort as we were sinking in the Gulf of Mexico. We still had to waste the whole day bailing out the jet ski and being towed home. Time is a precious commodity for my son, who is an engineer in the Coast Guard. He does not have a lot of time off and would rather not spend it having the SeaDoo fixed, even if it is covered by warrenty. I know we would not have any confidence in taking this SeaDoo out for a spin. Our other two SeaDoos never gave us any problems, but I feel this one is may give us more problems since the engine was completely submerged. It is not just my opinion or my son's, I have talked to two repairmen who said there would probably continue to be issues.

Reason for Seadooforum.com...!....!....!

I recently took my ski into J & J Powersports in Wilmington, DE for a minor repair. This was my first experience there and hopefully, my last. The bill was over $230.00 for what should of been an hour labor and $5.99 in parts. They do not give estimates unless you agree to get the work done. Otherwise, they charge for the estimate. Very disappointed.

This is the exact reason for the seadooforum. Because dealers are greedy. Instead of making a small commission on the sale, they try to jack the price by $2000 extra bucks. Then, try to get you to buy a warraty that you'll probably never use.

If you've kept up with my "pump" thread in the last few days we've had a member that took his GTX DI in because the beeper didn't sound the two beeps. They ended up, without his permission, taking his pump down and telling him that the pump had water intrusion and needed rebuilding. They said it would cost him $1200 bucks.

He sent the pump to me and I found no water intrusion, I did an air test and it held 10 psi for 10 minutes and the bearings measured out good........

So, needless to say, if I ever buy a new boat, or one that's close to new, it will be from a one owner that I can haggel with. I'll do my own inspection and find that if it meets my requirements, I'll buy it. I'll never go to a dealership again to buy anything............:cheers:

Florida Motor Sports just called and said they would work on my behalf with Bombardier about getting us a new jet ski, so we will let you know what happens.

I just purchased a Sporster 4 Tec and live between Daytona Beach,Fl and St Augustine. I have googled dealers and don't seem to find anyone in this area to service the boat.

Does anyone on here have someone they use to service their boat in this area?

Would you recommend them?

I don't need anything yet but I would like to be ready when I do.

2004?

I just purchased a Sporster 4 Tec and live between Daytona Beach,Fl and St Augustine. I have googled dealers and don't seem to find anyone in this area to service the boat.

Does anyone on here have someone they use to service their boat in this area?

Would you recommend them?

I don't need anything yet but I would like to be ready when I do.

It's a 2004 model. I do not think I'd look for a dealer service center to work on your boat. You need an independent to keep an eye on it for ya. They wil charge you twice less money and you won't be paying the "Seadoo" overhead.

For the most part, you can do the annual maintenance yourself. You'll need to change the oils and keep an eye on your coolants integrity. You can do that with a hydrometer. I do not know what is called for on the antifreeze but I think I"d change it out at least once every year or two. Just to keep it from turning brown and getting all gookie like you see in cars that haven't been changed out in a while.

You need to learn and find all your grease fittings and also, understand how to flush and clean your open loop cooling.

Out of season, use some Stabil in your fuel system to keep your parts from gumming up. Run the ski every couple weeks to at a miniumum, every month. You can run it on a hose for about 5 minutes.

Your in Florida, it's not like you have to do some kind of heavy winterizing. You should also spray WD-40 over everything. If you haven't noticed it yet, you will. When you open the engine compartment lid, you'll see little water droplets over the entire engine. This is from trapped humidity that builds from a bit of water in your bilges. If your going to have the boat out of the water for any period of time, take a shop vac and remove that standing water.

When it's getting cold, if you don't have it in a shop, put a small light bulb inside the engine compartment, hanging in away from everything. This will keep a bit of warmth, plus keep humidity low.

There's your start... Now, if you navigate through the forum,... You'll find tons of stuff for helping you maintain your new, prized possession....:cheers:

Back