Seadoo Dealer Reviews

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
I was reading the posts and had to chime in. I agree 100% with Seadoosnipe (he helped me with a charging issue) about learning to work on your own ski. I'm a new ski owner (boats 15+ years) and after owning it a short while I saw a small leak coming from the driveshaft boot. It ended up the driveshaft boot (protective hose) was cracked, but upon disassembly by the local dealer (Pensacola Motorsports) they found a bent driveshaft and some nicks in the impeller. Okay, I'm expecting $500-700 bill but was floored when they told me that it was going to be $1200+. I proceeded to buy the shop manual and asked a bunch of questions on this forum and have received a wealth of knowledge in return. I shopped around and got all the parts I needed for about $450 and repaired it myself. Again thanks to everyone who contributes and makes this a great forum.

Ted

P.S. I'd give the dealer a 3, was honest and showed me what was wrong but $1200+ was outrageous and I'll never go back there again except for parts.

P.P.S. Here's a shot of my 1999 GTX RFI I got for $2100.

Attachments

• DSC01138.jpg
    DSC01138.jpg
    337.1 KB · Views: 47
Last edited by a moderator:
Virginia Power Motorsports Ruckersville VA

-0 Would be the score :mad::banghead: Don't Use this Company!!!!

Wow the experience I had with this dealer was horrible.
I will summarize I bought a brand new challenger from them. I live in MD 7 hours round trip.
First.
Got the boat home a notice that a window was broken previously and replace( glass bits everywhere) a light in the tac didn’t work. I pulled dash and when they replaced the window they didn’t hook up the tac correctly and left the light holder out. I asked for a replacement pcs but they would not send to me. I had to trailer my boat 6 hours to get them to give me the part.

Next I found the boat had been damage and patched ( a really bad patch on the bottom that I didn’t notice until under the boat washing)
I had to trailer to them so they could repair the patch. Also they had to repair the windows that weren’t working correctly. When I got the boat back it had a couple huge scratches on the boat( Gary sales manager said that is normal and they can’t help that.) And the boat was so filthy with grease on the seats and dust filled every crack and area. ( They didn’t figure to wash it or cover the seats when they were working on it.) Also the windows still didn’t work I had to wait 4 hour at the shop for them to fix. I was so pissed I figured I cut my losses with this dealer and took the boat home.

So I got my Sea doo comment card in the mail to see how the service was and I gave them bad reviews. Gary the sale manager calls me and proceeds to tell me I am a F#$%ing Pussy and a piece of s%#&t for filling out the card with bad reviews plus about 5 Mins of screaming at me . I told him that the service was so bad and him calling me was so out of line that I would never use them again. He said that he was going to call the other dealers in the area and tell them not to do business with me.
I kept my cool in hopes that if I bring this to sea doo attention they will handle it but cannot find a number for them.

-0 Would be the score :mad::banghead: Don't Use this Company!!!!

Wow the experience I had with this dealer was horrible.
I will summarize I bought a brand new challenger from them. I live in MD 7 hours round trip.
First.
Got the boat home a notice that a window was broken previously and replace( glass bits everywhere) a light in the tac didn’t work. I pulled dash and when they replaced the window they didn’t hook up the tac correctly and left the light holder out. I asked for a replacement pcs but they would not send to me. I had to trailer my boat 6 hours to get them to give me the part.

Next I found the boat had been damage and patched ( a really bad patch on the bottom that I didn’t notice until under the boat washing)
I had to trailer to them so they could repair the patch. Also they had to repair the windows that weren’t working correctly. When I got the boat back it had a couple huge scratches on the boat( Gary sales manager said that is normal and they can’t help that.) And the boat was so filthy with grease on the seats and dust filled every crack and area. ( They didn’t figure to wash it or cover the seats when they were working on it.) Also the windows still didn’t work I had to wait 4 hour at the shop for them to fix. I was so pissed I figured I cut my losses with this dealer and took the boat home.

So I got my Sea doo comment card in the mail to see how the service was and I gave them bad reviews. Gary the sale manager calls me and proceeds to tell me I am a F#$%ing Pussy and a piece of s%#&t for filling out the card with bad reviews plus about 5 Mins of screaming at me . I told him that the service was so bad and him calling me was so out of line that I would never use them again. He said that he was going to call the other dealers in the area and tell them not to do business with me.
I kept my cool in hopes that if I bring this to sea doo attention they will handle it but cannot find a number for them.

Screw that dealer, Call and email Bombardier several times and let them play with the moron. Find another dealer in MD and explain the issues you've had with (and use his name) the other dealer.

Meanwhile you should be working on getting a replacement boat from Bombardier

what a greatand refreshing experiance.

I would like to say i have bought two craft this year and my dealer LOVES PARK MOTORSPORTS IN MACHESNEY PARK IL ROCKS. These guys work for you. They will set up a mchine on the spot even with only an hour left in the day if need be. they also work well to jump any hurdles and are there for u. I hope they all keep that same can do spirit. thanks doug and dennis and crew. AAAAAAA++++++++ all the way.:hurray:

Xtreme Powersports - Kilmarnock VA

My buying experience was good. The 10 hour service was done in a timely manner. Knowledgable staff. No complaints.

Lake Springfield Marina - Springfield, IL

I just bought my 1st 2 ski's ever from Lake Springfield Marina - Springfield, IL, and they were great.

We bought 2 used ski's, both ran well and we got a great price on them, both under blue book. They've been very helpfull with all of our questions, their prices for parts/oil are fair and they are a great group of guys.

I'd definitly give them a perfect 10.

-TheChad

Cedar Creek Motor Sports, WI

Rating 4.5

I searched for a 2008 RXT-X on-line and found it at Cedar Creek Motorsports. I was told on the phone that the unit was aquired from a dealer that went under but was assured it was zero hour and still "in-the crate". Upon delivery it had a couple scuffs on the rubrails and was told by the salesman that something had happened to the hood prior to Cedar Creek's aquisition of the machine. It was replaced with a new hood prior to our arrival. It had zero hours and the price was right so we took it home.

I don't like being told, "brand new - in crate" to discover that while almost pristine, it was actually distressed inventory brought back to like-new condition. This wasn't what I was led to believe prior to delivery. It's little stuff like this that while not sinful, makes you consider shopping around instead of being an automatic repeat customer.

My second issue was that there was no 2008 owners manual and I was promissed it would be ordered and I would have it in two weeks. Two weeks passed, no manual. A week later I called the salesman who appologized that our manual had been "sent to the wrong customer" and that another "would be ordered and I would recieve it in two weeks." Two months plus, still no manual. Called the manager who took care of it ... 6 days.

My third issue may not be dealer related but I purchased the extended Best 48 month warranty and was told warranty info would be mailed directly from BRP. Salesman told us that BPR is slow and to expect a 6 week wait. It's eleven and no extended warranty info yet, I think it's gonna be ... two weeks.... Anybody else go through this from BRP?:banghead: Manual recieved ... Best issue not Cedar Creek.

I purchased from Cedar Creek knowing that I live a good distance, knowing up front that I wouldn't use their service department. (WI-OH) I have no information or rating of their service department. Pre-sale communication was great and 98% accurate, price was good, but attention details could have been better, but not bad at all.

Attachments

• 2008 Sea-Doo RXT-X Specs.pdf
    168.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 2008-sea-doo-rxt-x-5_1280x0w[1].jpg
    2008-sea-doo-rxt-x-5_1280x0w[1].jpg
    171 KB · Views: 41
American Powersports - Findlay, OH

Rating 5.0+:cheers:

This was our second PWC purchase this winter. I was not actively looking, but looking none the less. American Powersports is not the closest dealer but within an hours drive. I had intentions of buying my second ski prior to summer but with my new 2008 RXT-X sitting on my dad's trailer, I was really in the market for a two place trailer. Local friends had purchased trailers from the owner and done business with him years ago prior to opening his own place. We stopped in as they were closing for the day and the salesman Tony stayed way past closing to talk with us. I explained the purchase of our first ski and he responded with, "wow, that's a good deal but I wish you would have talked to us first."

I explained that I had been looking for a "deal" on new-old stock. I did mention that I would be looking for a second "deal" sometime in the future but was most interested in a good two place trailer. Small talk later, we discovered we had mutual friends and actually knew of each other ... it's always good to have friends! He mentioned they would be getting four factory rep demo machines with full factory warranty the following week. Unlike other local dealers the guys at American Powersports actually acted like they were willing to work with me to make a deal so they had my interest.

Factory demo 2010 RXT-X with 30 hours, 48 month extended warranty, cover, safety kit, added cruise control/ski module and boarding ladder plus 2011 two place Yacht Club trailer with larger tires for only a few hundred more than the good deal from the out of state dealer on the new 2008. Module and ladder at cost with no charge install. Second time purchasing one this winter I was a better buyer and had several questions. All calls returned and questions answered promptly. Made to feel very comfortable and the ski looks great.

Upon delivery, I spoke with the owner Mark, parts guy, service manager and head mechanic. These guys will be working on both of my watercraft and so far so good. I hope the warm fuzzy feeling doesn't wear off but the more locals I talk to the more confident I am with the dealership. I can't recommend them enough. Great inventory if you're looking for a bike or sled too. No pole barn operation, nice place viewable from I75. If the relationship sours I'll be the first to let you know but so far I'm impressed and that doesn't happen often enough these days.

http://americanpowersport.com/

Attachments

• RXTX260_60_wallpaper.jpg
    RXTX260_60_wallpaper.jpg
    456.9 KB · Views: 27
Riva South

I purchased a brand new left over 2009 150 Speedster from riva South in Key Largo. Nicholas, the sales rep was really cool and easy to work with. We went back and forth on the price for a whole week before we met but all and all it was a very pleasurable experience so far. We live in clewiston Florida so it was a little bit of a drive but well worth it. I am going to be doing my 10hr service pretty soon and will keep you guys posted if anything changes.

Just bought our 2011 GTS 130 from Nassau Power Sports in Yelee, Fl. So far a 5. The service manager gets a 1 though. Seemed irritated when I called more than once about a question I had. Everyone else a 5.

Not happy with them...

Rating 4.5

I searched for a 2008 RXT-X on-line and found it at Cedar Creek Motorsports. I was told on the phone that the unit was aquired from a dealer that went under but was assured it was zero hour and still "in-the crate". Upon delivery it had a couple scuffs on the rubrails and was told by the salesman that something had happened to the hood prior to Cedar Creek's aquisition of the machine. It was replaced with a new hood prior to our arrival. It had zero hours and the price was right so we took it home.

I don't like being told, "brand new - in crate" to discover that while almost pristine, it was actually distressed inventory brought back to like-new condition. This wasn't what I was led to believe prior to delivery. It's little stuff like this that while not sinful, makes you consider shopping around instead of being an automatic repeat customer.

My second issue was that there was no 2008 owners manual and I was promissed it would be ordered and I would have it in two weeks. Two weeks passed, no manual. A week later I called the salesman who appologized that our manual had been "sent to the wrong customer" and that another "would be ordered and I would recieve it in two weeks." Two months plus, still no manual. Called the manager who took care of it ... 6 days.

My third issue may not be dealer related but I purchased the extended Best 48 month warranty and was told warranty info would be mailed directly from BRP. Salesman told us that BPR is slow and to expect a 6 week wait. It's eleven and no extended warranty info yet, I think it's gonna be ... two weeks.... Anybody else go through this from BRP?:banghead: Manual recieved ... Best issue not Cedar Creek.

I purchased from Cedar Creek knowing that I live a good distance, knowing up front that I wouldn't use their service department. (WI-OH) I have no information or rating of their service department. Pre-sale communication was great and 98% accurate, price was good, but attention details could have been better, but not bad at all.

This is where I bought my boat from. I had problems with the transaction and with Service. I started going to a different dealer after my 10 hour service. This was in 2006, so perhaps they've updated their business practice.
dootndo2

i work in workshop for seadoo in JORDAN ,, the dealer so fair in supplying the parts and help ... rating + 5

florida motorsports
I would rate them 0. We have bought three SeaDoos from them, the last one merely three weeks ago. Sadly, it began sinking while we were out in the Gulf and we had to be towed home by Seatow. They picked it up and I received a call the next day saying it was not taking on water. I advised them to look harder and please give me a call. I did not hear anything from them for a week and tired of hanging on the phone for 30 mins went to the store. There I was told that the O-rings had not been installed at the factory. I had told everyone I came in contact that I did not want this jet ski anymore since it had been submerged. They ignored me and finally the manager said we would have to take it back and we could sue Bombardier if we were dissatisfied. We said we bought it from them and they are the ones who should take it up with Bombardier. I have bought three jet skis from them but this will surely be the last one. They do not stand behind their product and have very poor communication skills. Carolyn McKee

wow am i glad i went to ft.myers-- sun sports cycle watercraft dealership . they have an awsome facility and nice service department. since i just got mine the other day . they had a great selection of ski's and trailers i picked up an icatch as well. as far as the service parts dept dont know how they are yet since i havent had my 10 hr service yet. but i think that i will have no problem. but as far as florida motorsports i walked in and started asking some questions and the rep didnt want to deal on anything so i just said bye, and called sun sports and they were willing to cut a deal on the phone that day. i got what i wanted the rep tony is awsome . great person to deal with.

Disappointed with Twin Cities Motorsports in Roseville, CA

Twin Cities Motorsports in Roseville, CA

Not a good experience for me. I will not use them any more. Here is my experience. Bought used 2008 seadoo last summer, low hours. Had mechanic check it out, everything great. Used it a dozen times, ran great. Then (queue the twilight zone music): Took it to Twin cities to winterize, later summerize and replace impeller. Took to lake, didn't start. Maint lite comes on. Took back to Twin Cities, who said, lo and behold, your battery and starter just suddenly failed between the time it left our shop and you took it to the late (5 days). They replaced battery and starter. Then I used my seadoo about 3 times. Noticed that Maint lite comes on before starting. hmmm, why? Then yesterday, it wouldn't start, (guess what? Maint lite comes on). Had mechanic at lake charge battery, but still wouldn't start. He says maint lite shouldn't come on.

Twin Cities has failed to diagnose the root of the problem. And they should have reset the maint lite. My guess is that the maint lite is saying something and which they failed to investigate. In fact, I suspect they broke something when they serviced it.

I am very disappointed right now.

I just recently bought a 2012 Wake Pro 215 from "The Boat Gallery" in Columbus, MS. I was not very pleased with them at all, as far as service after the sale and their knowledge of what they are selling. First off, their "mechanic" tells me the only difference between the 260 and the 215 is the jet pump. I just said hmm, and walked away. I knew right then he was a complete moron and knew nothing about these machines. I am glad that I discovered his ignorance before I had to bring the ski in for any work. I have since found another Seadoo dealer I can take it too if I need to. Next thing was service after the sell. I wanted a trailer with the walkaround and a "Seadoo" cover. After over a month of getting the runaround about getting both, not to mention being told I could call around and try to find a trailer and they would see about getting it for me I decided to just order a cover straight from Seadoo and trade in my single trailer on a double at the dealer where I got my 2012 RXP X 260. I will never do business with the boat gallery again and will be spreading the word about them.

I bought mine 2011 GTX iS 215 from Coleman Power Sports in Falls Church, VA. I was very pleased with the overall experience and just had the 10 hours maintence complete with a quick turn around. I give them 5+

Agritex motosports

This Dealership is the closest to my house, and this is where i got my RX serviced and what not, on the price they are every good. cheapest i could find for a distance of 200k from my house. although the service is poor, they are not up to date with their time limits, always behind schedule. overall i would offer a 3 of 5 for this dealership, i would probablly return just due to the fact that its the cheapest and at the end of the day they do the job right and its the one that saves me the most money but takes a few more days then other places!

Bought my 2013 GTR 215 from Power Sports of Cleveland. 5 ☆'s. Dave was extremely professional and helpful, and their maintenance/parts going forward is actually a bit less expensive than what I've seen other Authorized Sea-Doo dealers charging ($600 for SC rebuild, rather than the $7-800 I see many are quoting - not necessarily cheap, but better than some of others out there).

Bought my 2013 GTR 215 from Power Sports of Cleveland. 5 ☆'s. Dave was extremely professional and helpful, and their maintenance/parts going forward is actually a bit less expensive than what I've seen other Authorized Sea-Doo dealers charging ($600 for SC rebuild, rather than the $7-800 I see many are quoting - not necessarily cheap, but better than some of others out there).

I use them once a year to change oil and winterized my ski.

They didn't put the oil fill cap on properly once and l got oil in my hull. Added 3/4 quart of oil so I could enjoy the day.

When I was done took it home and scrubbed the inside hull to like new.

Notified them and they changed the oil no charge as I out in full synthetic as per the manual. They said use semi as BRP changed what use to be used.

Other than that, been happy with them. They stepped up and took care of my concern.

Power Sports In Dallas, Forth Worth tx area are the worse I have even seen. There a JOKE! They get -0 there that bad believe me.

Nathan at port macqurie seadoo I travel the 4 hours from sydney as sydney seadoo are crap just purchased my second ski from Nathan he is a great guy ans spends time with his customers

I used Motosports INC. They are in Hanover, PA http://www.motosportsinc.com/ 5 Stars does not express how great they were. This is actually not our local dealer a good 15-20 miles form our local dealer. We went to Don's Kawasaki in York PA and they were rude to my wife and very unhelpful when she went in and was trying to get information on buying a jetski. " she actually just bought our new one for fathers day for me :) " but they refused to wait on her and when they did talk to her they were very short with her. So we looked up our next closest dealer and it was motosports Inc. They were super helpful very courteous and answered all questions quickly and efficiently. Worked with here on getting a great price and all the financing established paper work blah blah. I hightly recommend them and will be returning for any dealer services or warranty issues! 5 star+

i just bough my 2015 gti 130 with 0 hours at dennis dillon power sports. did most of the deal over the phone. my ski was msrp $9299
they quoted me $8999 less $1000 instant rebate and got 1350 trade in on the old ski. add a boarding step, cover and extra
rf dess key, 7820 out the door.
they dont have a setup fee unlike others that wanted 700 for setup. the only extra charge was 75 docking fee 45 title and registration and tax. although they were not very knowledgeable, they treated me right and easy to deal with.

Back