Seadoo Circlip Tool

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SIMPLEARKANSAN

Premium Member
Premium Member
I’ve always been able to install piston circlips with a small screwdriver and fingernails. We’ll on a 951 I can’t get the outside circlips installed. I bought the OEM Seadoo tool but have no idea how to use it. Does anyone have any pointers?d8c01abab90543125466893df86044c4.jpg

Let us know how you make out with it. I've considered buying on of these for 3 years but, like you, have no idea how to use it. Everyone just says, "You don't need it." I've done at least 15 top ends since I started messing with these skis a few years ago. I guess I don't need it but it would be nice if it works.

Question - Do you have to buy a specific size for each wrist pin size? I see sizes on these things which further confuses me.

Not sure. I didn’t know the OEM Seadoo came in different sizes. I may have to look up it’s part number and see if there is any kind of reference available

Not sure. I didn’t know the OEM Seadoo came in different sizes. I may have to look up it’s part number and see if there is any kind of reference available
I dont' know either. I just know the tools come in different sizes.

The manual explains how to use the tool. Basically the c-clip gets put inside the end of the small part and held up tightly against the piston and then the rod get put into the center and then tapped with hammer which pushes the c-clip into the piston end. After you do it a few times it's very simple and quick. Sometimes I use it and sometimes I don't but I'm not doing much 2 stroke stuff anymore so I'm tempted to sell all my 2 stroke tools which I have pretty much everything including a few of these in different sizes and rod pin installer tools.

So these do come in different sizes? Do you happen to know the part number for the 951 installer tool? I’ll try to cross-reference my tools part number also and see what I come up with. I’ll pull up
The service manual also. Thanks for your help.

So I have the wrong one for a 951 piston. Can’t figure out what it fits exactly,but I’ve ordered the correct one now. Guess the first one will be going up for sale on EBay. I read the service manual. The procedure is actually pretty straight forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back