Seadoo Challenger 1800 wont go over 3500 rpms

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey gang, good afternoon, i got the challenger 2000(year 2002), boat top out at 55mph GPS , got a stupid question, it Smoke alot at idle, i already replace the Spark plugs , waiting for temp sensor to replace, bit this is what the water look on the hose at the house, looks to me like is alot of oil been dump...im also using non ethanol gas..any other suggestions?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20221206_130417.jpg
    20221206_130417.jpg
    378.6 KB · Views: 7
Hey gang, good afternoon, i got the challenger 2000(year 2002), boat top out at 55mph GPS , got a stupid question, it Smoke alot at idle, i already replace the Spark plugs , waiting for temp sensor to replace, bit this is what the water look on the hose at the house, looks to me like is alot of oil been dump...im also using non ethanol gas..any other suggestions?

Thanks

Are you running premix or using the oil injection?

If premix- maybe too much oil in the gas. 50:1 TCW oil. Don't cheap out on the oil. you have a $4000 engine.

Injected- look at the arm on the oil pump. Arm should be at 9:00 position at idle.

But you agree right to much oil?

you said it smokes a lot. Spits oil.
Sounds like a stuck open injector.
Put a fuel pressure gauge on the tire valve on top of the VST. Key ON. What is your fuel pressure? Turn key OFF. How long does it take for fuel pressure to drop to Zero? Instant? Seconds? A minute? Instant or seconds can indicate a stuck open injector.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back