Seadoo Challenger 1800 wont go over 3500 rpms

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's also possible (happen to me) that the trigger bench tests fine... but fails under load with engine running.

Regarding the lines. See pics... Red is the BLEED lines. The tail of those lines connect to top of the VST. The Green line is the VAC line that goes to the fuel pressure regulator.

Attachments

• lines1.jpg
    lines1.jpg
    317.3 KB · Views: 12
  • lines2.jpg
    lines2.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 12
Got it you...yours is a bit different than mines...but I guess I be adding another T to the bleed lines

Now also I replaced all CDM's ....lm waiting for the reeds gasket, it seen is leaking gas from there...and also for the tool to remove the flywheel and replace the trigger assembly

Ah...yes, my intake only has the one vac line connection... which goes to the fuel pressure regulator. Not sure what your 2nd larger connection is for.240SJ_gen1_intake.jpg

Well...lm just about to take this boat without the drain plugs into the lake and let it sink...new spark plugs, new trigger 2nd one, new tps, new injectors, new cdm all 6 , and still won't pass 4k rpms

Compression of 125 to 130 psi all across

Let's not give up yet.

Compression is low, but should run.

Gas leaking at the reed valves? That indicates a stuck open (leaking) injector. Could be 1 or more injectors.

Also need to figure out if all plugs are firing. You can try using a timing light. The kind that has one wire that clips over the spark plug wire. This can show if there is voltage to fire the plug. It does NOT show that the plug actually fires.

Start checking wire connections. Look for damage and corrosion. No green connections allowed. Be careful with the large one in the bracket, starboard, on throttle body. There is a plastic nut that holds the connector together. The nut breaks easily.

Is your new tps (ouch!) adjusted properly? Specific instructions in service manual. Available for d/l here.

Check the fuel injector wire harness. 4 wires, down low, starboard side. About 1/2 inch diameter. Just pulls apart. Keyed for reassembly.

Have you actually checked ignition timing?

I took apart today the manifold were the reeds are located to check, before doing this the boat was turning on okay forts tried, only issue was the 3500 rpms...injectors were clean by a local shop about 5 months ago...okay put a new gasket for the reeds holder, put the manifold back together and now the boat cranks but won't start...before that tps was check at 2.2 volts moving okay to 7.5 volts...this was done following the manual, disconnecting the sensor with the brown leads, wot and checking voltages on tps cable...so now I have this other issue with it...cranks but won't start.

I know Tim75 tps ouch $550

Run your boat at WOT. Whatever your RPM. Get the engine warmed up.
Shut it off. Feel each spark plug. Are they all hot? Some hotter than others? This is checking to find cylinders that are not producing power (and making heat).

Hey gang, hope everyone is okay, well back again, sold my challenger 1800 just to buy another beautiful challenger...this time a 2002 challenger 2000...same engine, haven't tried the boat on the water, but everything is original on it, now just a question and I will change the spark plugs later this week, but the boat would only start If throttle is like 1/4 up and after if you bring it back the boat would died...any ideas, other then the obvious, spark plugs replacement...thanks in advance.

Hey poppie just went for a boat ride now....the boat top out a wot around 55mph, nice , also just checking and the throttle controls aren't original, they are from a company name ultraflex

Got it , thanks for the response, l have to check everything, cause is smoke alot at idle , but it may be the last person put something in the gas to winterized...but for me it has alot of smoke, I know 2 strokes supposed to smoke, but not that much, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back