Seadoo 3d starting issues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jc520

Hi new to this forum. Picked up a seadoo 3d rfi about a year ago now. Was out riding it a few weeks ago and when I stopped for a while and went to restart I was only getting a jolt from the starter motor (doesn't turn engine over). On further examination the motor would turn over and start when I crossed the terminals on the starter solenoid with a screwdriver. So I went ahead and replaced the solenoid and still the same thing. Also put a new battery in it at the start of the season. Any advice or input would be appreciated thanks in advance.

So basically, the solenoid is not staying closed long enough for the stater to stay engaged long enough for the engine to start..

What I would do is, take a hot/positive wire to the terminal on the solenoid that activates. See if your temporary wire cranks the engine for as long as you need or want to hold the wire there in theory.

If so, then I would test the START/STOP button. It may be losing contact after you depress it..

Hi thanks for the reply tried using a positive wire as you said at the solenoid and it turns the engine (will start up and run if dess is connected) . Checked the start stop switch and seems fine to me. (a friend has advised me that the problem could be my mpem) and really don't want to go messing with this. I'm wondering if I just take a waterproof button switch and wire it across the solenoid will this work. I really want to have it up and running for this weekend as it's the start of my holidays on which I use the jetski.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back