Seadoo 3D starting issue, Electric's

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

elvwilliams

Hi everyone, I'm hoping for some help with an issue I'm having with a 3D. Lanyard in, double beep and no starting. Now to this point I've search through mostly all of the other posts and tried what I've seen post wise on here. I've...
Replaced battery, checked wiring and earth. Replaced solenoid, removed rectifier and dried out, removed MPEM and dried out in case wet. Checked all fuses, checked starting button, and started the ski with the lanyard in and shorting the starter terminal connection, which the stop button kills the engine.

What can it be??

Two ways to test the START/STOP button. For continuity and for voltage at the trigger wire at the solenoid. Which test did you do?

I've tested for voltage at solenoid, which there was power and no power or continuity at the start/stop. When shorted and running the ski will only switch off with pulling the lanyard off.
I think the previous owner has jump started the ski and possibly damaged the ecu.

Iwhich there was power and no power or continuity

What does this mean, power and no power.

Power when pressed and not when not pressed, if so, then either the solenoid is bad or it has lost its ground.

But,,, since the STOP button doesn't kill the engine, it is either a bad button, wire between the button and MPEM, or bad MPEM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back