Seadoo 3D 787 RFI bogging on water,, please please help its driving me insane

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

stevessub

Ive had jetskis for many years but I just bought a seadoo 3d rfi knowing it had problems. when i first got it it would not rev above idle out the water, after a bit of fiddling around I noticed aps and tps wiring was crossed. So now it revs perfect out the water but as soon as I put it in water it wont rev up,

the parts I've replaced to far are the regulator, coil, new plugs, new rave valve springs.

What else could it be, I was looking to change injectors and the CPS incase it had a poor pickup

Please help or advise, its driving me insane.

First step is what is the compression.

Perfect is 150 psi. Any thing under 120 and it probably won't run in the water.

yeah forgot to say compression is 165 on both

I would insert a fuel pressure gauge in the fuel line just before the injectors and confirm the fuel pressure isn't too low. NAPA should have the correct high pressure fuel line fittings and they can assemble a manifold to insert and connect the gauge too.

They most likely won't have an idea of which fittings are needed so maybe you can take the fuel line off (using a fuel injection fuel line disconnect tool) and take it to the stor

Also search for the RFI sticky, I think about every RFI subject is covered in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back