Seadoo 2nd Annual Meet Starts!...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

seadoosnipe

Premium Member
Premium Member
Well, I'm sitting on a small island just inside the Gulf of Mexico at Venice Beach, Florida. The day is beautiful and Karl and I rode the intercostal waterway into Venice from Englewood.

The day is gonna be filled with fun, food and probably, the occasional beer. We have a dealer here with the brand new RXT iS, with the new intelligent control systems, which is top of the line in new technology that BRP brought out for 2009.

Here are a couple pix to start the party thread. Karl, in his 2008 Speedster (which put nothing but salt spray in my face as I tried to keep up) and me with the GTX. It was the first time I saw the new 08 Speedster and it's awesome. I might get brave enough to let him pull me on a tube...

Check back often. I plan to update the thread with pix as the day goes by!....

Attachments

• KustomKarl.jpg
    KustomKarl.jpg
    510.2 KB · Views: 108
  • Seadoosnipe.jpg
    Seadoosnipe.jpg
    541.6 KB · Views: 104
Last edited by a moderator:
Seadoo RXT iS

John Foster with BRP has just arrived driving the new 2009 RXT iS (intelligent control system). We want to make sure that we give thanks to Douglas Powersports for being part sponsor to this years ride-in.

Karl, is now riding the RXT so, if you no longer hear from him again, it will be cause he never learned how to turn it and is now somewhere near Central America. I think John has given him the "learning" key.

If anyone is near the Venice area, please feel free to drop by today, we'll be here till late afternoon. John is allowing members to give the new iS a test drive, so don't be late. Rides are limited to the amount of waivers he has.

If your in the market for a good deal on this nice ski or any other Seadoo, make sure you go by Douglas Powersports of Sarasota and talk with Phil Addy. I'm sure, if you mention the Seadooforum, he'll cut you a good deal.....He can be contacted by email if you'd like to get further info by writing to, info@douglaspowersports.com. Please, I'd like to see everyone take just a minute to go to their website and look it over. See what they have to offer. They were our first dealership to be part sponsor of our ride in. Lets show them the support they showed us. Please visit, www.douglaspowersports.com. Take a look at their site layout. I'm sure, they appreciate the hits on their web page. They have everything from Quads, motorcycles to boats and skis. So, give them a look..........

I was just informed that if you visit Douglas Powersports in the month of July for any Seadoo related service, speak with Phil Addy, tell him your from Seadooforum.com, he will give you a 15% discount on parts and labor. That's for the month of July only, so book your appointment early!

Attached is a pix of Karl, getting ready for the ride!.......

Attachments

• Karl iS.jpg
    Karl iS.jpg
    604.9 KB · Views: 74
Skis and things.....

Well, the party for 2009 is in full swing!......We are having a blast. I saw a dolphin swim by. I don't get to see them up home, so I find this a real treat.

I took out the iS RXT....man, was that a blast!....

We have about 50 people show up so far, so if your coming, you better get your butt in gear!..........food will run out quick with this many.

I've attached a few pix, more to come later.

Attachments

• CustomPartsGuy.jpg
    CustomPartsGuy.jpg
    981.4 KB · Views: 58
  • Djames.jpg
    Djames.jpg
    651 KB · Views: 47
  • Twelch52.jpg
    Twelch52.jpg
    422.3 KB · Views: 79
  • Darren & Djames.jpg
    Darren & Djames.jpg
    811.6 KB · Views: 53
  • All Seadoo!.jpg
    All Seadoo!.jpg
    476.8 KB · Views: 66
Fun, Fun, Fun....

Wow, what a good time!...I hope those that didn't make it this year, make it next year.

The ride, so far, has been hugely successful. I wish all had the chance to ride this new RXT iS. All forum members who were here, got the chance to ride. I think, everyone would buy one if they hit the Florida lottery.

The day's temps, sunny skis and nice breezes off the Gulf have made it wonderful to hang out. Forum members here who made the trip out all received forum "T" shirts.

Hopefully, we'll see many, many more attend in the 3rd annual ride-in.

Here are a couple more pix.......

Attachments

• JoeZ.jpg
    JoeZ.jpg
    563.2 KB · Views: 71
  • Joez1.jpg
    Joez1.jpg
    490.9 KB · Views: 55
  • Greg.jpg
    Greg.jpg
    504.5 KB · Views: 55
  • Eye Candy.jpg
    Eye Candy.jpg
    578.7 KB · Views: 75
I am officially jealous........

Spent the day helping a buddy build a fence instead, and he's a Yamaha owner to top it off.:ack::ack::rofl:

Aaron:cheers:

Well, folks...looks like we had another successful Meet & Greet. Louis,( seadoosnipe) is on his long drive home...like 10 hours. We all had a great time,and Louis has over 200 pictures that should be up in the forum over the next couple days. Hats off to Douglas Power Sports, Venice and BRP direct for the RXT demo.

Here is our "STAFF" picture with Joe, Greg, Louis and me representing on the beach.

Karl

173.jpg

On the road!

I'm now on the road back to Mobile. The 2nd annual meet-up is history but the fun, food and hard riding (I got thrown from my GTX) will be something to look forward to for the 3rd annual. I look forward to sharing with you guys/gals the pix (great action shots) taken by me and a forum member who took some awesome pix with his waterproof camera.

When I get home, I'll make sure to update with all the pix!

Attachments

• Airborne.jpg
    Airborne.jpg
    496.7 KB · Views: 68
  • New GTI.jpg
    New GTI.jpg
    456.7 KB · Views: 59
What a great time!

For those of you that missed it you missed a great day on the water with some good peeps!

I had a great time everyone and can't wait to do it again. Those breakers were killer.

Thank you everyone for pitching in and making it happen.

Mark

Pictures....?

Mudd Mickey had a waterproof camera and took 90% of the action pictures Ill be uploading to the "user galleries" in the next coming days. I'd like to thank him for bringing the camera and allowing me to upload his pictures to my computer for my use to the forum.

I too have a few pix that will be going to the "user gallery" so, come back to the thread and I'll be editing my post to include the hyper link. Click on the tab above, "User Galleries" and look through, not only the meet-up pix, but browse through a host of other pix that have been uploaded by many of the members.............

I really, truly had a great time!.............

Re-sizing photos...

Most of the pix from the meet were taken with a camera using a large file format. I'm in the process of now re-sizing them for our "User Galleries". I'll have them all up, hopefully before the weekend.........:cheers:

Sad I missed it

Due to my work schedule and other appointments, I sadly missed it, but I did get out for three hours that morning in Tampa Bay, (where I live) to BeerCan Island. Looking forward to the next one, hopefully I can make it this time!

Looks like a good meet, and the weather looks good.
Im in talks with the Wife (Boss) to see about getting over there with the boys.:)

Wet suit?......

Dave, you couldn't handle it over here!......you would just burn slap up in your wet-suit........:rofl:

Good to hear from ya! Your always welcome to come ride here with the guys, when our wives let us out anyway!.......:cheers:

Back