Seadoo 2005 GTX Trickle charge

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

davids

Just wondering if its ok to leave trickle charger hooked up to my 2005 GTX whilst in garage or if it may effect the computer.

I know it states not to charge the battery whilst in ski but have been told trickle charge is OK.

Regards

David S

Charging?

Honestly, I don't think it would hurt. But in my opinion, due to the expense of the electronics, I'd disconnect the ground side of your battery before charging, just to be on the safe side. What's the old saying, "better safe than sorry".
Oh, and because charging a battery can emit explosive vapors, I'd leave the engine compartment open. The trickle charge is just a battery maintainer, so there isn't many charging amps going to the battery, but better to overdo than underdo and regret it later.
I've been doing research on your other post, so I'm heading over there now.

David the main thing you don't want to do is have a surge of power into the electricials of the doo. Trickle charge is ok, but I would remove the connections for safety reasons. If it is in a garage leave a window open anyway to release any acid vapors, or fumes as it isn't a sealed battery. Also keep an eye on the water level in the battery and add distilled water if it is or gets low, from charging.
Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back